Alternator - Amps [Archive] - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

: Alternator - Amps

HJVET
06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello,

Appreciate if anyone can tell me how to find out the amps on my alternator? It is a Ultima 01-0260, installed on my recently purchased 1970 vet with little history.
No issues with the one i have, except this one is not very nice looking. Mymy neighbor has a stock 79 vette alternator, and i need to know if it would be compatible for my 70 vette.

Really do appreciate your help !

Holly:lookinup:

mrvette
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
The '79 alt should work fine, and maybe even have a higher amps output rating...due to '79 vettes mose likely had a rear window defroster....

not a given, just probably....

big2bird
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Hello,

Appreciate if anyone can tell me how to find out the amps on my alternator? It is a Ultima 01-0260, installed on my recently purchased 1970 vet with little history.
No issues with the one i have, except this one is not very nice looking. Mymy neighbor has a stock 79 vette alternator, and i need to know if it would be compatible for my 70 vette.

Really do appreciate your help !

Holly:lookinup:

I will take a wild stab at this. 60 AMP. Look at the part#

rjent
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
The '79 alt should work fine, and maybe even have a higher amps output rating...due to '79 vettes mose likely had a rear window defroster....

not a given, just probably....

:agree:

You should be fine! :thumbsup: