#1 ·
Ready to install a 454.
10.5-1 compression
286 comp cam ported oval port heads
victor jr -850dp roller rockers

See less See more
#9 ·
Hi waiting on heads at machine shop.Friday will pull engine and
fit the pan and pickup,Needs some small mods so the pick up iI got will work.Will do ac box and drop in short block hopefully no front pan clearance problems.Any good pics of ac box mods?Got to take steering shaft to friends to get it extended I have no aluminum welder.I will have the updated pics.

#10 ·
Few things done here is clearance on oil pan.After cutting and welding frame and new mounts was still to close and used a flat washer between motor and mount.Some
pics of headers and eng. fitting.Anyone who says header needs hammered I would say never seen it because there is zero clearance with hedmen 68090 on 1 tube.Have 9 inches for starter to fit.Not the best welder but no leaks.Next will be rockers and valve cover to use wipers.

#18 ·
When you go to look for a lower radiator hose you can either use a long flexible generic radiator hose or two shorter hoses clamped to as short section of stainless exhaust pipe curved section, or you might find that the only reasonable option is to fabricate /weld some curved sections of appropriate size stainless exhaust pipe, and use short sections of rubber hose with clamps to route coolant

or fabricate something similar to that new exhaust header primary pipe after careful measurement and test fitting

#19 ·
Have made a test hose but have seen none close to it.
With all cars that have been built I would think
some wrote down what they used.Maybe good ideal to make a aluminum transfer pipe with hose on each end.Those bendable hose look good to.Seem to have a brain fart.

#21 ·
I have an 84 with 454 that I aquired through several non car guys so the history is not clear. On some of the paperwork I got it said that the hoses were cut from 88 pontiac T/A 350. No other mention and the car is double decked above my other one now so can't take any pics. Will try later on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.