Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Importing a c4...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveNB1 
#1 ·
Hi All;

Has anyone here imported a C4 from the U.S. into Canada?

I'm looking at one, and need to know about regulations
like DLR's (day time running lights) do they have to be added, or is it a switch / on, in the on board computer?

Also, I read somewhere about the bumper inserts have to be changed?

Any info is much appreciated,
Thank you.
:thumbsup:

#3 ·
Hi All;

Has anyone here imported a C4 from the U.S. into Canada?

I'm looking at one, and need to know about regulations
like DLR's (day time running lights) do they have to be added, or is it a switch / on, in the on board computer?

Also, I read somewhere about the bumper inserts have to be changed?

Any info is much appreciated,
Thank you.
:thumbsup:
If Canada hasnt changed the 15 year rule ( from date of MFG. ) then any c4 should be allowed with out much issue. I would check with your local RIV to be sure though. I had one up there years back but on a temp basis so more than that I couldnt tell you.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Hi I brought a 1994 C4 into Canada last Mar with no problems.
Its older than 15 years old so it doesn't need to go through the RIV program, doesn't need daytime running lights , or any government inspections except the only one for your province (I'm in NB ) ,, Make sure that it has a clear US title , Bill of sale from the owner listed on the title , all of your
orginal paper work has to be sent to the border that your are crossing ,have to be there 3 busness days before you cross that border into Canada. The only tax you pay is the federal tax at the border and an exsise tax if you have air condition, then you pay provincial tax at the time of registering it in your Province, As far as the bumper inserts have to be changed on my 94 there was no need to change anything on it. The DLS cannot be activated by a computer change but you can buy an after market relay system to turn the fog or park lights on , I think this option is around $35 online

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.