Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Any C4 to C1 body conversion kits out there?

19K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Sagea84 
#1 ·
I know about the C5 into C1 kits but I don't remember seeing any to

convert a C4 into specifically a 1956-62.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

#2 ·
Skip
I dont know if there is a "conversion" however there is a company that is selling C1 bodies that you can use any drivetrain that you want under it. I have no idea who is making the bodies but I have seen a few and they are pretty nice. You should be able to Google it.

There is another option. There is a dealership here in town that is selling a 59 vette that you order like a new car. You pick the drivetrain, wheels, paint, options etc, just like buying a new car. I have not seen the vette but have seen the 69 Camaro that they are selling the same way and it looked to be a pretty nice car. It had a LS-1 Auto in it. They (vette or camaro) is running around 80K pretty decked out. You get a new car warrenty and can even finance it if you really wanted to.

Phil

#3 ·
If you go to the C4 tech section of corvette forum, there's a guy who did just that. I think he's built a number of cars.

#6 ·
I want to eventually do something like this, only with a Mako Shark II body.

Apparently with the Mako, all you have to do is widen the body, then it should fit.

I would love to put a C1 body on it too, there's a replica body around here somewhere in New Mexico I think...

#11 ·
It depends on the width of wheel that you want,but it's pretty easy to put
C-4 stuff under a c-3.(Anything actually)
I'm runnin 12"wides in the rear and 9.5" in the front.A different offset wheel would take little or no flare.:thumbsup:

#7 ·
It's a C2. Sorry.

Calls it the Rayzr if you wanted to use a search function.

#14 ·
That C4/C2 is actually pretty sweet. I like it!

#15 ·
Wow, that's a bad Vette you got there, Show!

How much work was that?

I like the C2/C4 idea too, the roof doesn't look entirely right. I guess that makes it stand out, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.