Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

2008 Sneak Peeks....

34K views 179 replies 67 participants last post by  CorvetteConti 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE - SCROLL DOWN IN ARTICLE TO SEE FUN WE HAD - HERE IS INFO I POSTED PRIVATELY ON MY SITE EARLIER!

BRIEF CHANGES I CAN SEE NOW FOR 2008 CORVETTE;
Coupe & Convertible will have 9 interior choices!
The 7 we have now and 2 new ones
245 Sienna Custom Leather Wrap(?)
425 Linen Custom Leather Wrap(?)
Z06 also picks up these 2 new combos to their interior choices

NEW COLORS, do not have all the full names yet, but the New Blue we also broke 1st is going to be called BLUESTREAM, not Mulsanne as we first thought, it is code 85U which MAY BE a tint coat color, the other new color is 89U Crystal (Claret?) thanks to Mongo in MI for the second part of the name I feel good about.
CANCELLED AFTER 2007 Monterey Red & LeMans Blue!
View my notes at the bottom of this article

I noticed that QX3 chrome wheels may NOT be available for Coupe & Convertible, but Q76, the Z06 Chrome wheel is still showing available.

The Coupe & Convertible show;
QG6 as SPLIT SPOKE standard wheel &
QX1 –SPLIT SPOKE Comp grey &
QG7 as FORGED POLISHED. No sign of the QX3 chrome wheel option(?!)

Coupe & Convertible now get a 4LT PKG, so there will be a 1,2,3 & 4LT for COUPES and 2,3,& 4LT for Convertibles; The Z06 also picks up a new package of 3LZ, we know NO content at this time.

LOOKS AS IF THERE IS TO BE A DIFFERENT AXLE available on the automatic GU2 as a 2.73 performance axle for the 6 speed auto! The standard and only axle on the MXO for '07 is 2.56

A couple new codes popped up(?!)
NPP- marketing name TBD
CCR- marketing name TBD

And the big news…and yes it’s a follow up to our original story, THE LS3 ENGINE IS A GO for 2008 (6.2L) Corvette Coupe & Convertible. Should be a HP bump, we just don't know to what....
Please do not ask engine HP, specs as I do not have it, we’ll allow GM to present this to us….towards April. Just some of the advance info I can confirm before anyone else is all I wanted to share with you here now.

Remember 19U LeMans Blue & Monterey Red are gone after 2007, and I predict that it won’t even be made through the entire 2007 year for ordering so watch my weekly ordering constraint updates as we keep you updated on that. Atomic Orange & White?, yes they stay for 2008.

If this info is to be shared elsewhere on the net, please for my efforts, I ask for the mention of where you got it. CORVETTECONTI.COM shared with my family here on DIGITALCORVETTES.COM, My representation is so very important and credibility goes a long way, you can’t buy that…you earn it and has been my goal from day one! 11 years and moving forward!

MAYBE SOME MORE FROM DETROIT, STAY TUNED

See less See more
#2 ·
Dam
You had my hopes up

Great pic Rick ! :thumbs:

looking foward to your up to the minute reports :cheers:

#5 ·
2 COLOR CHANGES FOR 2008...
you'll be shocked at which color is being cancelled-
we already reported here 1st about the New Blue, but not to be called Mulsanne Blue though.....:huh:

BLUESTREAM........:huh:

more soon.

and once again for those that love to take shots at my character and doubt me....my only intention is to work hard and NEVER BS you folks, as I work to earn your tyrust which is so very important on a national level and where I do most of my business,I count on you folks and you count on me

....there is a New engine for the Coupe & Convertible in 2008....as I first reported a while ago. The LS3 is a go for 2008. Not official from GM, but I am just telling you it is from my vantage point.

#9 ·
not at all my friend....although I love to screw around. I'm bummed about the 2nd color cancellation and why I do not want to tip my hat to the other lazy delaers out there....and NO IT'S NOT ATOMIC ORANGE, that stays for 2008.
and note, while all the other guys are at home scratching their asses this morning...I have been here for a couple hours while the store is closed to grab this exclusive for you. I'm running it on my site and will list all here tomorrow. ( there is a method to my madness , trust me!)
LINK HERE

#26 ·
Hey stan
Good to see you back !!!

Have not seen you here in awhile
BC

#37 ·
I doubt it on the vette
because of the c6r

#40 ·
Guessing the other color?

LeMans BLUE , gone... next up is?

BLACK, no never. to mean.

RED, all corvettes are red.

SILVER, no.. staple like BLACK and RED.

YELLOW ? maybe.

Atomic Orange, another year, then we will hate it again.

White? maybe not yet.

Well, two maybe's YELLOW and White.

Let's go with Y E L L O W. :down:

What is it Rick?

-zBill.

#45 ·
Pretty interesting... Great info Rick!:surprised
If the new name of the mystery color begins with "crystal" I'm going to have to go with white. I'm definitely bummed that they would cancel white, but I wouldn't be too surprised with all the call I've heard for a pearl white like on the Caddies. Who knows though, certainly not me!
Any reason you're not releasing the mystery color, Rick? Just waiting for better confirmation, or something else?
Excited about the SS and the new LS3.

Thanks for all your hard work!
~Rob:thumbsup:

#55 ·
Thanks Rob, hope we can do business on your next one.....

as far as a different shade of White, I'd have to say no....they have Artic White as a choice for '08. White is not a big volume color, but it is traditional, so for that alone....leave it alone.

REMEMBER, no SS ( or whatever ) in 2008 model year....shoudl be next year for sure. New Camaro, New rear wheel drive Impala & Corvette in 2009...going to be a busy year for GM...next year:)laughing: )

#51 ·
pricing will not be available for months....June or July. the info you are looking at is the very first anything on 2008. Not tech specs or any of that is available to us....I was just able to view some new codes and colors......It is already NOT available for viewing.....:huh: :rolleyes: At least I snagged it while I could.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.