Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

c5 air conditioner wont start

13K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  The Punisher 
#1 ·
Help me with air conditioner its over a hundred degrees right now, my 2001 c5 air conditioner switch shuts off within 1 to 2 seconds after pushing it. compressor does not engage, ran codes, hvac had no trouble codes listed. i went to the lacr drags ran 4 times , final weekend there closing track forever, took off my air condition belt on fri put it back on monday and had the problem immediately, removed it twice b4, never a problem b4 . tried to check r12 level ,gauge read deep into the red danger zone but that was with out the compressor coming on ?

#3 ·
belt is installed correctly. belt and the pulley and the tensioner were all repklaced apprx 4 months ago, do to squeeking pronblem, i cleaned the connector at the compressor and at the hi pressur e line , no difference i changed the 4 point relay/fuse with other (horn) made no difference .any thing else anyone else had this happen, push the on/off switch for the air condition it lites up apprx 1 sec then immediately shuts off

#8 ·
I have the same exact problem with my 03 vert. the AC light blinks for 3 seconds and then goes out. I haven't touched anything so i doubt it is a short. I guess i'll have it recharged and see if that works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.