Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

New Carpet Who likes what?

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  GS81vett 
#1 ·
Guys I am looking to put in new carpet in my 81. My wife got me a full set for Christmas and I have been busy doing the deed! After I get everything out and get most of the sound deadener in my SON decides the box with the carpet in it should be put out for trash day!!! :WTF So I need to get a new set and I wanted to know who do you guys like? Looking for full precut and thick and great quality.....

#3 ·
Good info here. I'll check them out when the time comes.

#4 ·
Not as many inputs as I thought would be. Also what do you guys do or have done under the carpet? Dynamat, padding? heat shield? Home made? I have the base carpet for some of it as stated above and need to get the rear replaced and would like to put some padding over the dynamat for more quite and heat and comfort.

#5 ·
GS81,

After my customer service experience this week I would recommend checking out Al Knoch Corvette Interiors for your carpet. It is a little bit more expensive but there customer service and quality is tops.

http://www.alknochinteriors.com/

Lizard Skin is the way to go for heat and sound deadening. There are two different products. I did this both outside and inside of my build. I'm expecting a 60% reduction in heat transfer as a result.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

#7 ·
NICE!! I forgot about Al, but here is my delema....My wife gave me a full carpet set for Xmas and as I said my Son put it out with the trash because I made him do his chores and take out the trash!! ya right! Anyway the two front pieces were left so I need to replace only the back part and Al does not sell pieces. So I was looking at Corvette America for a rear set.

I don't have a sprayer for the Lizard Skin it was my first choice but I went with Dynamat instead. So my plan is to get a new rear carpet then put down the dynamat and then put down a heat and sound pad from Corvette America as they have a good price for the whole set.

Has anyone had experience with CA carpet?

#8 ·
I installed ACC.
Fit and looks ok, better than oem that I removed, but not super plush like I'd prefer.
It's been about 5 years since I did it.

Two years ago, I installed replacement carpet in my mom's Lebaron vert. Also from ACC, but is was as plush as a fur coat and twice as heavy. The quality was amazing.

Both fit well.
I'd be interested in wether or not ACC offers thicker quality in pre-cut for our Vettes or if there's only one option for us.

#14 ·
That company is selling ACC products. :thumbsup::laughing:

Go to their site and search your car.
When you get to the pricing screen it shows the ACC company logo next to the price. Same carpet most of the venders here sell. Same thing I installed in my Vette.

ACC = Auto Custom Carpet
Google it.
Go direct to the manufacturer.
http://www.accmats.com/

Contact ACC and explain your situation, I bet they'd take care of you.
:cheers:

#12 ·
Might be easier to send your kid to the dump to hunt down the box he threw away. :laughing:

#15 ·
Thanks Blckslvr,:thumbsup:

I did look up ACC after you put it up so am glad to see it was what was purchased. My wife did the research on her own and did a great job. Good idea to contact them I will do so tomorrow. If not I will look to see who is also selling ACC and in parts so I can get the rear. I have a lot of work as i have to put in the new stereo and then the padding and then the front carpet I can live with the rear being bear for a bit......I need to get the pics up

#19 ·
I've been using the Thermo-Coustic Barrier from Eastwood for both sound and heat shielding. It's the same as DM but a much better price (40 to 50% less) and sometimes they have a sale like 20% off and free shipping which makes a great deal.
This stuff is so sticky you can put it under the car above the exhaust and it will stay put. Tip: this stuff is easier to install and contour if the material is at least room temp when installing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.