Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

to Survive the Winter...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  HardcoreABN 
#1 ·

Any humorous photos, captions of photos, stories, frustrations, or anxieties; which might help us all smile, and survive the winter?

And yes, I know you guys from the south and west may seldom have to park your Vette due to weather... :thud: Humor me.

Maybe something not weather related, but funny none the less.

See less See more
#2 ·
I stopped and visited my Corvette yesterday, at the storage locker. It is so sad to see it in that steel cage: kind of like a wild beast behind bars at a zoo.

March will be here soon. I had my car out the first week of March last year. Only two more months!

#3 ·
OK I live in Florida where we can drive year around and I drive mine way less than you probably do because I need my truck for work and I'm married with two kids and we all can't fit in the car so it spends alot of time just sitting in my shop.:(

#4 ·
Well I pulled my tractor out from under the lift my vette is parked on. Went out and plowed my north drive so it can drift full again the next time it snows.:laughing: I like to reach up and feel her rear end every so often...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

#8 ·
I live in N. Texas where I drive my Vette every day. But!.....from November thru March, we have a steady stream of cold fronts that sweep through dropping the temp anywhere from the 20's to the 40's, followed by a few days in the 60's or 70's. Since I hand wash - and only hand wash - my car every Friday afternoon (if it's not raining, and above freezing), that wash job can be one cold bitch! :laughing: My wife thinks I'm nuts when she sees my cold blue hands. But I can't drive a dirty Vette on the weekend, plain and simple. I envy the guys in FL or SoCal. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Right on, Tex. I was in my garage washing the truck and wife's SUV this past Sunday. It was 34 degrees. Anything above 25, and I am washing.

I can't stand dirty vehicles. One of the primary reasons I put my Vette in storage is so I can use my garage to wash the daily drivers.

#10 ·
Right on, Tex. I was in my garage washing the truck and wife's SUV this past Sunday. It was 34 degrees. Anything above 25, and I am washing.

I can't stand dirty vehicles. One of the primary reasons I put my Vette in storage is so I can use my garage to wash the daily drivers.
Yep. My days of tearing into engines and transmissions are over. The back just won't take the lifting and the contortions. So I keep my "hands on" feeling by being a detail monster - not quite to the Junkman level, but you have to have something to aspire to! :laughing: I was 7 years old when my Dad bought his first new car - a '57 Ford Station Wagon in light blue and white. I washed that car every week and loved the process of taking a car from dirty to shiny. I'm 62 now and I still love that feeling. :cheers:

#12 ·
it was 75 deg over Christmas here....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.