Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C7 Corvette racing stripes revealed (silver on yellow). Maybe gran sport model

7K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  PNHNDLE96CE 
#1 · (Edited)
C7 Corvette racing stripes revealed (silver on yellow). Maybe grand sport model

C7 racing stripes looking good, even silver on yellow which I wouldn't have thought would!

via: http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280440

The author speculates that it might even be the C7 grand sport model.

#2 ·
Doesn't look too bad I guess. I'm not really a fan of stick on stripes though.

#4 ·
Would make no sense for this to be a GS. Same tires, wheels and fenders as the Z51 StingRay. The stripes are more likely just another option on what will eventually be a much longer list than we've seen in the past. We've even seen the black, lower part of the rear in what looks to be raw, bare plastic and in Gloss Black, a very likely option.

They are expecting to sell fewer, so they want to "Porsche-up" the options list.

#5 ·
The are reaching with this article. We know for a fact that some of the early build mules don't have stingray badges, we know that grandsports don't typically have full body stripes, and we know that mules that were covered in camo no longer are. Where is the news here?

Oh wait I'll bet this is that 5.5L car that evryone is talking about.....:rolling:

#9 ·
C7 Convertible

I'm not sure about C7 Corvette coupe sales to be "slouchy" because it will take a good while for long time Corvette buyers to get over the retarded side window and the obvious tail lamps. I know I certainly could not see the readon for the engineers to do this when the chassis is nearly identical to C5 & C6 BUT that's my 2 cents. I DO however born coupe fans like me will see a drop top Vette to be a great choice to have as much of the old body lines. I like C7's front alot and the convertibles profile will go hand-in-hand with it. I think convertible sales will do BETTER than any striped up coupe.

#10 ·
Looks great except for that STUPID back-end!!! :down:

#23 ·
Looks great except for that STUPID back-end!!! :down:
RIGHT ON! Chevy was :crazy: for that fugly back side. Its so sad too because i genrally LOVE the rest of the car! But I can't get over possibly the ugliest back side I have ever seen on a Vette! Darn near makes me cursing mad. I hope they make some changes in the next years to fix that!

:crazy: Mo Fos! Its like a :nuts:

#26 ·
Tadge says all 2014 corvettes are stingrays. If you believe him, that would preclude the gs, zo6... for this model year. Which makes sense given history and the fact that they will sell every 2014 they make. I'm sure these are just factory optional stripes for those who feel they need them. Also, no hash marks. Definitely no gs this model year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
Tadge says all 2014 corvettes are stingrays. If you believe him, that would preclude the gs, zo6... for this model year. Which makes sense given history and the fact that they will sell every 2014 they make. I'm sure these are just factory optional stripes for those who feel they need them. Also, no hash marks. Definitely no gs this model year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I am a bit at a loss as to your logic in saying that since it is a Stingray that there would be no Grand Sport.
After all it was the five lightweights of 1963 Sting Ray, designated Grand Sports that are what the ensuing models are a tribute to.

#33 ·
True the ensuing Grand Sports were the last years of the production runs.
But the First 5 Grand Sports were in the first year of the Sting Ray Production.

And if you take a look at the numbers for 2010 -2012, the Grand Sport achieved the highest production numbers in each year for the coupe and the convertible (almost 2 to 1).

So would it not make good sense to give the people what they obviously want since that is what they have been buying.

And these numbers also tend to make you wonder about that $55k that is being tossed around as a price point. All GM has said is if you could afford a C-6 you could afford a C-7.

Well most folks were affording a C-6 Grand Sport over the past three years (four if the status quo stays the same for 2013) It would lend one to believe more of a 60k price point.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Click on plant info then Option Penetration then each year.

Total Built for three years
11390 base coupes and convertibles
21360 Grand Sport coupes and convertibles
I think your assuming the cars sold just because they were "Grand Sports". I don't think the name will sell the cars. I think the current GS sold because it gave Z looks and great performance at a good price.So regardless of when the next GS is launched, the sales numbers will only depend on what the car has to offer.

#38 ·
I don't think we'll see a Grand Sport version like the C6's until after the C7 Z06 & maybe even the ZR1 version is sold. The C6 GS offered Z06 style at a lower performance/price point than the Z06 but alittle higher than a base C6 and it sold very well. I don't think chevy will mess with that formula.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.