Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvettes Of Westchester, Low Oil Pressure Reading, Ls2 Disaster Pictures, Upon Tear

441K views 4K replies 103 participants last post by  GeorgeZNJ 
#1 · (Edited)
THIS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WAS THE RESULT OF A BAD TUNE AND LOW OIL PRESSURE READING THAT WAS IGNORED BY CORVETTES OF WESTCHESTER. THE LOW OIL PRESSURE READING WAS BROUGHT TO HIS ATTENTION AND HE COMPLETELY DISMISSED THE PROBLEM.

HE SAID THAT " THERE WAS NO PROBLEM THE OIL PUMP WAS MODIFIED " THESE ARE THE PICTURES OF MY ENGINE, AFTER IT WAS CAREFULLY TAKEN APART AND INSPECTED. THE CAUSE OF MY LOW OIL PRESSURE READING WAS SOON DISCOVERED, WHICH WREAKED HAVOC AND SUBSEQUENTLY RESULTED IN COMPLETE DESTRUCTION OF THE ENGINE WHICH COMBINED WITH A HORRIBLE HACKED TUNE COULD ONLY SPELL DISASTER. LOOK AT THE PISTONS AND VALVES FRIED CHICKEN. :lookinup: :rolleyes:

THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCES I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED WITH SOMEONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. CHUCK HAD THE VETTE FOR MORE THAN NINE MONTHS FOR A PROJECT THAT MIGHT HAVE TAKEN MOST REPUTABLE SHOPS MAXIMUM 3 WEEKS TO A MONTH TO COMPLETE. HE IS COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND LACKS THE BASIC AND ESSENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE KNOWLEDGE OF RUNNING A BUSINESS SUCCESSFULLY. I HOPE NO ONE ELSE GOES THRU THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS I DID WITH THOUSANDS OF WASTED DOLLARS IN THE PROCESS.

1 THRU 3 PICTURES YOU CAN OBSERVE A HOLE IN MY VICTORY HIGH DOLLAR VALVE, WHERE DID THAT PART GO?

3 THRU 6 PITURES SEE THE PLUNGER ON THE OIL PUMP NOT CLOSING ALL THE WAY!! PROBABLY AN OBSTACLE STUCK IN THE TUNNEL.

7 AND 8 SEE THE DETONATION AND DAMAGE?

9 THRU 12 ALL LIFTERS BUSTED.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE FORGED PISTON?
CLEAR SIGN OF DETONATION AND A BAD TUNE. :down:
THE REST IS SELF EXPLANATORY!!

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12208937_tYTbX#869315969_cTrk8

:down: :WTF :crazy: :lookinup: :bang :toilet :( :( :(

See less See more
#988 ·
:WTF I just found another cage builder (Auto Weld) online with a shop in Danville PA... claims they build 10 point cages for around 200 or 300 bucks....???? How can that be ??? I know usually when its to good to be true.... it aint true.... But hell, I am curious..I got to give them a call... just for the hell of it.

#989 ·
Hey Jimmy, don't hack the show vette with a cage, just my opinion, it's a show car. And if you have decided to do so anyway, I would not go more than a six point cage if you are not going to race it on the track too much.

Make sure you go Chrome Moly steel versus mild steel, chrome moly weighs almost half the weight much lighter. When I caged my stang, I went with chrome moly steel, it was much lighter.

#991 ·
This is another option for roll bars, I have a few friends (Corvettes, GTOs and F-bodies) that have used these guys, appears to be very nice work:

M T K's Welding
209 Columbus Ave
Roselle, NJ 07203-2017
Phone: (908) 241-1510

#1,058 ·
OH ****!!!​
:smack :smack :smack

MY MESSAGE TO CHUCK!!!

WHAT TOOK YOU ALL THESE MONTHS TO BUILD A 473RWHP LS2 WITH OVER FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS SPENT ON STOCK HEADS, TOOK VETTE DOCTORS ONLY TWO WEEKS TO BUILD A NASTY LS2.

AND BTW CHUCK, CARMEN WAS ALWAYS IN TOUCH WITH ME ON MY CHOICE OF BUILD AND PROGRESS. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND HARDLY EVER RETURNED PHONE MESSAGES, ONLY IF IT WAS SOME WAXER WITH NEW BUSINESS!!:rolleyes:

I HEAR YOU ARE SPREADING LIES ABOUT ME AND THE BUILD THAT YOU HACKED, LIES GET TO MY EARS REAL FAST. IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU DON'T COME IN HERE AT DC AND DEFEND YOURSELF. KEEP ENTERTAINING NEW CLUELESS WAXERS WITH BIG FONT POSTS THAT ARE NOTHING SHORT OF MISLEADING ADVERTISING MUMBO JUMBO, SUCKS BEING YOU RIGHT NOW! :down: SEE YOU AT CARLISLE !!! :thumbsup:

#1,040 ·
#1,070 ·
Cam, good luck with the new engine. Now that the car has been worked on by a real shop, you'll notice the difference immediately. My kids have given me a deadline to have the pool done, and its today. see ya.

#1,073 ·
#1,090 ·
Looks like you've gotten your answer with supporting documentation and 1st hand commentary:thumbsup:

As far as sites censoring content...it happens everywhere, even here to a much lesser degree.

All commercial sites have similar issues. Some as with CF, worse than others.

#1,091 ·
<jealous>:bang WG looks like a lot of fun and everyone says it's one of the best tracks. I'm going to have to get up there one day. 4:30 hours for me so it'll definately have to be a 2-3 day event. Have fun guys and be safe.

:thumbsup:

#1,095 ·
His initial post was the one that got me banned for life on CF......If he truns around and becomes a Chucky hater then my banning was not for naught :thumbsup:

As we say.....

Sooner or later, they all come back

Ed M

PS -- Happy Memorial Weekend and say a pray for our hero's, past and present :cheers:

#1,096 ·
Our towns parade is tomorrow, we'll be there waving flags, then off the Brig. Gen. William C. Doyle Memorial Park to honor my little brother, and all of the others buried there. Take a moment everyone, and thank them:thumbsup:

#1,140 ·
Sounds like you are hooked on RR. You better get another job, as it will get expensive real fast.:D

I take it Josh needed a cigarette break after every lap he took?:laughing:
Not hooked, just having fun with the car.. It's just imazing, going in a turn surrounded by walls, big steel walls, instructor is telling me stay on the GAS!!!!, as I pass the apex, "MORE GAS MORE GAS TRACK OUT!" wild stuff

track out is holding the wheel on a turn, but using the throttle to push the car to the outside of the track...:thud:
80% of that track is about staying on the gas on turns so you dont kiss any walls :devil:

#1,144 ·
Not hooked, just having fun with the car.. It's just imazing, going in a turn surrounded by walls, big steel walls, instructor is telling me stay on the GAS!!!!, as I pass the apex, "MORE GAS MORE GAS TRACK OUT!" wild stuff

track out is holding the wheel on a turn, but using the throttle to push the car to the outside of the track...:thud:
80% of that track is about staying on the gas on turns so you dont kiss any walls :devil:
Sounds pretty wild, always wanted to go there. My first & only was VIR which was mostly surrounded by run off area.
Now I'm not in a big hurry to get on a RR track with a lot of walls.

What tires where you on, your runflats?

#1,116 ·
I would like to ask a Stuupid question. Has anyone figured out what caused the piston damage on the guys car who started this thread? From reading it appears the car was repaired by another shop.
I've seen some hot pistons before but never seen one survive that looked like that. Any insight would be great.

#1,117 ·
Maybe its just me but by the recent creation of the screenname quoted above, the low post count, and reference to a prior repair that is buried somewhere within the 75 pages in this thread, I smell Chuck or a Chuck supporter....

#1,133 ·
Just finished up the last of the jerk chicken. Now I'm going for a ride anyone want to meet at the lot.
Well damn, first I see way too much of an ugly ass (copied and pasted about a hundred times) and then this guy comes on here and tells me he jerk's a chicken. Would that be anything like choking a chicken? .;) Would that make him a Jerky Chicken Choker? I need help

#1,151 ·
You're going way to slowly into the uphill Edward . Notice how my wheels are actually bent out .... on the otherhand , Im not sure that was a good thing .

I love the Glen , it is SOOO challenging I spent the whole day just working on my lines . Last session of the day with the gentleman with the blue Z06 was the best of that day , he worked with my on shift points and had me going 5-10 MPH throughout all the sections , excellent instruction . I still gave about a million point by though ...

Trackmaster , smooth is fast , BrooklynC6 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.