ZR1 at Laguna Seca this weekend!!!!

16K views 95 replies 51 participants last post by  spiceman 
#1 ·
#6 ·
MUST HAVE!!!

HULK SMASH!!!!!

:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

#7 ·
The article made no mention of it, but it really sounds like this is going to be an exhibition of the ZR1's performance for a crowd. I think that's a FANTASTIC idea! I'm wondering if it will be a full on hot lap or just a parade type lap, since all the testing for the car should be long completed and there's no real reason to go all out. Comments?

Edit: this article from their site says "hot laps" :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
http://jalopnik.com/cars/corvette-zr1-contest/the-post-where-we-offer-1000-for-pictures-of-the-2009-corvette-zr1-at-laguna-seca-312900.php

#14 ·
#22 ·
Interesting question! I can never help but yawn when I read news about this car, but that is definitely a question I would like answered. You think they'd just go ahead and run the car uncovered. I mean, if they're not masking the entire front end shape and just taping over the polycarb window, they know everybody knows what this thing looks like. Why keep up the charade?

#39 ·
After watching the video assuming there weren't any stops or editing in the recording, it lapped it in 1:39 on the first lap (that's all the video showed). Compared to the C6R's 1:20 quickest times, that's pretty damn good, especially for street tires:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#30 ·
any rear shots, I really want to get a good view of the spoiler..

Thanks,

Les

#36 ·
Well, I'm going to go in a completely different direction here . . . I think this public exhibition was brilliant. The whole idea was to keep the buzz going about this car.

And it's working.

Will the final production version actually be named the ZR1? Will it feature what is basically current Z06 bodywork with a plexiglass hood panel and a few other minor tweaks? Would the General put this amount of pre-production publicity into play for what some would call nothing more than a slightly faster, much more expensive Z06 that looks about the same?

Stay tuned, folks. I'm guessing we ain't seen nothing yet. :thumbsup:

#37 ·
Will the final production version actually be named the ZR1? Will it feature what is basically current Z06 bodywork with a plexiglass hood panel and a few other minor tweaks? Would the General put this amount of pre-production publicity into play for what some would call nothing more than a slightly faster, much more expensive Z06 that looks about the same?
Yeah, I think he would.:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.