Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C3 Lemans Style Fuel Filler Cap

15K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  vettdrm 
#1 ·
I have a 68' vette and wanted a kit that looked factory to put a race style Lemans quick release fuel filler cap on my car. Does anyone know of a kit for this year of car?

#4 ·
I found this guy selling them on E-bay.For $118.00+shipping
Item number: 170193558361

Gas Cap LeMans Roller Latch Corvette Camaro Firebird

Title: Gas Cap LeMans Roller Latch Corvette Camaro Firebird

Condition: New

HanesHotRodsandAntiques

Visit my eBay Store:HanesHotRodsandAntiques

LeMans Gas Cap

Original style flip top LeMans design with roller quick release latch and threaded flange for mounting.

Used on Cobra, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Jaguar, VW Bug Herbie, Viper, Camaro, Firebird and many other race cars.

The flange is 5" OD and 3 1/4"ID

I want one too!

#6 ·
I got one a few years back from a place called Mustalgia or something like that. Mustang supplier but made these for the Vette. I think it was about $200 or so.

#8 ·
:agree: I found the guy that owns Mustalgia when I looked for one of these for my friend's '74. It was a very nice bolt in replacement for the stock lid.

It was designed to mount using the factory screws, and the stock screw on fuel lid fits inside the cap.

I don't remember the price though because I traded him a prepared Hydrobooster for his Corvette, but I do recall it was custom made specifically for Curt's year C3...and I think he offered them for all the different size lids that C3s used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.