Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

VOTE NOW: How do you like the C7 styling?

VOTE NOW: How do you like the C7 Styling?

8K views 49 replies 36 participants last post by  StillCrazy 
#1 · (Edited)
I think it looks WAAAAY better than in the Jalopnik renderings. Not perfect but I still love it! :thumbsup:

[EDIT:] The rear will look better in person and will grow on people - guaranteed. At least its fresh. I think they scored with the spoiler design. And you gotta love all the functional air vents. :partyon:

[EDIT:] Wait a second! If you can't get excited about a car that looks like THAT (below) you're nuts! :crazy: That's not even mentioning the 7 speed stick and 450 frickin horsepower!!! :cheers:

[EDIT:] OK after a week of staring at it I now need this car to sustain my life. :thud: Excuse me while I go rob a bank... :laughing:

See less See more
#8 ·
I absolutely love everything about the car, with the exception of the rear. I like the rear, not in love with it.

I think the worst angle on the car is when you take a picture straight from the back. It removes all dimensions and makes it look flat.

When you shoot it from the rear 3/4 view it looks great.

Like I've said before, Corvette have always had one or two bad angles in pictures, but when you see it in person I am usually blown away.

#10 ·
I was hoping it would grow on me, but it hasn't. Perhaps if I were in my 20's or 30's I would feel like a hot shot in this car, but being in my 50's, I think I would feel as though I was trying too hard to stay young and hip. I don't want the additional stigma of seeming as though I am going through a mid-life crisis. I'll stick to my beautiful 07 black Vert.

#11 ·
Love it. But qualified.

I think it's a great design overall. Clearly a lot of work went into it. Finally. After the C4, 5, and 6, something that can actually be called shapely. Swoopy. Knifelike.

But the rear is baffling and irritating. With so many obvious alternatives, why the Aztek treatment? And my god. The Clown teardrops...

Still embarrassing.

#16 ·
I Love it! The Corvette has been and always should be leading edge. I don't have a problem with change. I have my C5 that I love but I love evrey other generation also, they are all Corvette!
I still want to stand next to a new C7 and look at it to gain the proper perspective but so far so good!

#18 ·
I'm a little surprised by the results so far. Based on the amount of bickering that has occurred, I expected quite the opposite.

#21 ·
I'm a little surprised by the results so far. Based on the amount of bickering that has occurred, I expected quite the opposite.
I was going to post the same thing. Right now about 82% are OK or better. Only 18% dislike or hate it. Based on the posts in all of the threads, I thought it would be close to 50-50. Just goes to show, we all tend to stand up and voice opinions about things we dislike much more than we do about things we like.

#19 ·
Put me down as love it. As for the rear...I have to say I love that too. I think the most borring view of my Z06 is the rear. Just a plain semi-flat surface broken up by 4 round tail lights. And the bubble rear glass had definitly gotten old. The C7 has interesting lines and is anything but boring. The way the rear hatch lines frame the glass is very nice. The recess surfaces under and around the tail lights break up the rear surface nicely, and the droopy eye look formed by the vents by the tail lights are the perfect expression for the guy who will only see the back of the car.....kind of says It's so sad you didn't buy a vette. :laughing:

#20 ·
Walked into the Reveal not sure how how I felt about the rear, having seen the renderings and the leaks. This was similar to many other Corvette owners felt just before they took the cover off of it. Now, like almost all others who saw the car in person, stood behind the rear and looked at it, REALLY LIKE IT!

#26 ·
I voted like, but overall think it looks awesome.

side look - awesome
hood - sweet
rear - cool (the rear looks tough, the wings and corvette name at that level will leave EVERYONE knowing what they are behind. Four exhaust together, real nice.)

Front - Only part im not sure of yet, because in the pictures it looks to NICE. My C5 from the front looks fast and aggressive, when parked the C5 looks like it is moving fast and coming FOR YOU! But the radiator grill on this C7 looks to NICE, like a little hello smile. When going down the highway in my C5, cares see me in their rear and MOVE OVER. I get the feeling in the C7 when you are behind them they will think, "nice happy car behind me, he can stay there.)

#27 ·
It's more of the same stuff that's been posted, but I LOVE the C7. I even love the rear end. I don't like the two tone Red/Black, but on the solid color cars, it looks great.

I will admit, the Photochop with the round tail lights in the stock housings does look better than the full on Camaro lights tho.

...but I drive a '76 with a Vega 4 spoke steering wheel, so... :thumbsup:

#28 ·
Seeing Required!

Well, one thing for sure the ten page press release is thorough as well as the apparent standard and available equipment listings appearing elsewhere on this site.

I'd admit that I haven't really followed the changes of what's standard and optional since my order and delivery of a 2008 2LT, black/camel coupe in April of that year.

I'm pretty happy with what I have, and would have to see the C7 to believe; but the expanded offering of what's 'standard' on both the 1 and 2 have certainly evolved.

Besides, the in-person assessment; it will be interesting to see how it's priced and sold.

GM has, indeed, marketed it well.

#30 ·
The 2014 looks like it could have been an alternate design when GM was developing the 2005. Except for the rear facia, I don't really see the normal large departure you expect going from one generation to the next. The rear lights are fine - for some other car, not a Corvette. Maybe GM will do some refreshing later like they did with the C4.

#38 ·
I definatly hate it.

It could have been a great ferrari or toyota but it doesn't look like a corvette. I hope I'm wrong and these are the pictures that make me think so.

It looks like an european sport car.

It's just my opinion. I expected something more like the C6...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.