Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

[NEW! SS SPY] Silver front/side + wheels/brakes

75K views 180 replies 84 participants last post by  ZL1GT 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Great job getting the pics Patrick!!

What I see:

1. Completely consistant with the Blue car in our header (except wheels of course).

Versus the Z06:
2. Four new fenders to cover Huge tires.
3. New hood. More bulge near front than Blue car, could be bogus padding.
4. Ceramic brakes are very clear
5. New rear spoiler - not the same as the RFellows full width spoiler.
6. Could be mule wheels or they are testing us for reaction to two designs. Split look better to me, but both are too mundane for this car IMO.
7. Same front and rear fascias, doors, and no change above the door sills ...
8. ... except ... maybe that roof ??? might be targa. Just looks to me like it has different fit than Z06. Rubber seals??? ... maybe not - might be a fixed transparent roof!!!
9. Could just be for testing, but not the ride height and fit of tires within the wheel wells - pretty tight.

10. Also note that the car is being POSED for the picks!!! It is not moving. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but it is HIGHLY UNUSUAL for a GM test driver to stop a mule/preproduction car and post it for pics. Could just be a controlled leak by GM Marketing.

#22 ·
Great job getting the pics Patrick!!

...3. New hood. More bulge near front than Blue car, could be bogus padding...
Certainly at least SOME padding - note how the hood bulge does not follow the lines of the Z06 nose scoop.
:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I'm with Longtimer on this one. All that looks correct and there is a definite seam in the roof like a targa. I like the rear wheels, remind me of a CCW.

#7 ·
Wow to the brakes! Kind of odd how the vehicle isn't moving... GM might be behind this in some manner, letting the word of mouth by small leaks is great marketing, just look at Apple; they've mastered this technique.

It's only September, still quite the wait.

#20 ·
Wow to the brakes! Kind of odd how the vehicle isn't moving... GM might be behind this in some manner, letting the word of mouth by small leaks is great marketing, just look at Apple; they've mastered this technique.
Highly likely. Needed to draw away the press's attention from the 600hp Viper.

#9 ·
With those brakes , you'll feel like the bugs do that hit your windshield!! Holy Crap! I have heard the carbon roof and sail panel thingy as well, whether it'll be removable or not is the question. While it may look removable here, it may just be removable for testing different materials .I know other cars do it, but I can't see GM putting removable top on a 600+HP car.Liability and such....Great pics, Pat!!!

#15 ·
Another article says the roof, B pillar, the rocker pannels and maybe more will be carbon fiber. They also refer to the polycarbinate window in the hood. Frankly, I'd much rather see that window on the roof - or as the roof.

#101 ·
The 1st 2 photo's you can clearly see that it was moving. Look at the bra's (front/side). You can see the wind rippling on them.

#27 ·
Those big brakes say it all-look at the size of them:surprised ....i would'nt be surprised if it is braking that limits usable and safe HP.
The Ferrari F430 has them as an option. Some people replace them with the standard brakes and put them back on when they sale the car.:crazy: I think we might see that.

GM is taking a huge leap forward offering those brakes. Those brake are a must on a Super Car. It's all there weight savings and stopping power. I think there isn't any brake dust either with those rotors? Is that true?

Jr.

#33 ·
Haven't been mentioned because we have seen them on the blue spy shots a while back. Look at the top of this page.

DC Scooped already

Note that even the dressed for PR shots Blue car is wearing the aftermarket wheels. The production wheels might be the best kept secret of the entire car.

#36 ·
Sexy. Sure glad to see Ceramic brakes and extensive use of carbon fiber. Here's hoping the new wheels are an extremely lightweight material, at LEAST magnesium. It should be a low enough volume car that GM can put some really insane parts on it to make it a true exotic.

#37 ·
It's awesome of course, but I would to have seen a little more drama (exaggerated) curves in the rear (I like curvy rears :smack ) . . . as it is, it's just a touch on the blah side for a car entering full-tilt super/hyper car territory. Just my $0.02. It's a big part of the reason I went with beefing up a C3 than a C5, even though the C5 is technologically superior in virtually every way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.