Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

AC light comes on when i select DEFROST!

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  OH vette 
#1 ·
does anyone know whats going on when I have heat on and want to turn it to defrost or a combination of defrost and when i do, the AC light comes on...as if the ac is now turning on!!

when i hit the ac , as to turn it off...it just blinks...

i have to get out of any defost mode to turn off the blinking or solid AC light.

I know i have been in defrost before with out the ac on...so i dont know if it is a new issue...or, it is just a sequence that i have gone though that is resulting in both the ac and defrost trying to come on

anyone got any ideas?

also does anyone know what the reserve gas capacity is on a 2000 corvette? I went lower than i ever have this past weekend..and put in 16.8 gallons of gass.....

thanks

OH

#2 ·
If memory serves correctly, the gas tanks hold a total of 18 gallons of gas- check your owners manual to make sure.

Let me go look something up and I will get back to you on the A/C light.

#6 ·
for sure there have been times when the reading was way off!!!....

then one day it looks like its reading pretty close to what it really is..

does that tie into the ac light blinking when i try to turn it off..??

I think i remember in the winter, that the ac light DIDNT come on when I tried to turn the defrost on...

I think there was also a time when I just hit the defreost BUTTON, and circumvented the MODE SELECTION .

OH

#5 ·
That is what I thought, I was just trying to find it in writing somewhere.

#9 ·
I too have noticed this now that's is getting cooler up here in the north east and I figured something was wrong. My outside temp is reading correctly.
Thanks for bringing this up OH Vette. :cheers:
As far as I'm concerned my question has been answered as well. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
If I remember correctly, the owners manual states the a/c compressor will not come on when the outside temp is something like 35deg and below.....to protect the system from freeze up. Other than that, the a/c comp. will operate with in the defrost mode to remove humid air...as stated earlier.

Read the manual for details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.