Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

gull wing doors

14K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  HEAVYD 
#1 ·
have any members changed the hinges to make a lamborgini style gull wing doors,if so Id love to see some pics

#6 ·
i like them.....you can just google "lambo doors corvette" or something like that

#7 ·
Gull Wing doors and Lambo doors are 2 totally different types of doors. the SLR McLaren has gull wing doors. and Lambo, has well, Lambo doors. The Gull Wing doors open and close in the same motion of a bird's wings, hence "wing" in the name of the door.

#12 ·
The Gull Wing doors open and close in the same motion of a bird's wings, hence "wing" in the name of the door.

If the lights are his eyes and the hood's the beak, that's one expensive sea gull. :laughing: :smack :rolling:

That's much more practical than the original Mercedes Gull Wing, whose doors hinged on the top.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-mno/Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-FA-DO-1024x768.jpg

The links to the C6 options look like it would make for easier access, particularly in tighter places.

#8 ·
#9 ·
#17 ·
I've had several spankings for commenting about mods and not staying relevant to the question asked, so...
"have any members changed the hinges to make a lamborgini style gull wing doors"
Sorry. I haven't.

#19 ·
Gull wing doors originated on the 300SL- series Mercedes in the 1950s. They were nicknamed that because they resembled the wings of a seagull, hinged at the top. Later cars that used gullwing doors included the Bricklin and the DeLorean. Doors that are hinged from the front and swing upward are nicknamed Lambo doors because that's the first car that used them. The new SLR is kind of a hybrid of the two but closer to the Lambo style. (if filmed in fast motion it wouldn't resemble a seagull's wings flapping, but the old SL would).

#20 ·
Pics: Lambo > Gullwing > Hybrid = AWESOME LOOK!

#22 ·
yeah, probably not. :laughing: only fits on IT: the one and only Guiness Book of World Record holder. I'm saving my pennies for one in Black/Black... 0-60 2.78 seconds, over 1000 HP. 256mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.