Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Deck Lid Bumper?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  7TRoadster 
#1 ·
I see a couple of the Corvette Parts places offer a deck lid to seat back bumper for convertible C3's. Zip has them listed as '68-'75.

Here is the example from Zip.

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={2EB9BF7A-40C1-4034-A0DC-FA58C9FBD054}&gid={1F13C30D-4ED2-4942-A7BC-1017BB8E0B9E}&pname=68-75+Deck+Lid+Bumper+-+Lid+to+Seat&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

I called Zip and the parts guy indicates it is a stock Corvette replacement part. I looked in the AIM and don't see any such part listed or instructions for installing it. ???

The deck lid on my '70 did have paint that was chipped by the seat back. So these seem like a good idea. Usually the AIM's have dimensions on exactly where to drill holes.

What year were these implemented?

Specifically (dimensions) where are these installed?

Perhaps someone can scan in an AIM sheet that has the dimensions.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
Mike,

Thanks for the post, I figured out that despite what Zip says, my year didn't come with them. With the chipped paint in my deck lid and new paint pending it seems a good idea to add them.

Obviously Chevy did too if they manufactured a part to solve a known problem. I'm thinking about adding them, if so I want to mount in the spot intended by Chevy.

#7 ·
Thought so. The AIM shows installation of the bumpers, but no dimensions. The holes were in the panel and not drilled on the assembly line.

FWIW: order the bumpers. When they arrive, center them over your chipped paint area, mark where you will need the holes using the bumper as a templete. Drill your holes.

:thumbsup:

#8 ·
Thought so. The AIM shows installation of the bumpers, but no dimensions. The holes were in the panel and not drilled on the assembly line.

FWIW: order the bumpers. When they arrive, center them over your chipped paint area, mark where you will need the holes using the bumper as a templete. Drill your holes.

:thumbsup:
I checked the 1974 Aim as Mike did. Same result obviously. And I can't take measurements as my car is in winter storage. His suggestion is a good one.

But I don't have that problem.

Adjust your bumpers up.

#9 ·
Thanks for the help guys.... appreciated. I looked at a 1970 car today that had them installed and what that owner did was to place them right in line with the metal seat back release.

That seemed like a perfect place to me. So I intend on placement as in the photo and right in line with that metal bezel.

Thanks guys!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.