Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

77 Cruise Control Transducer Rebuild

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  XQIZT 
#1 ·
Is it possible?

I checked both cables today and they both spin free and clear. That actually appear newer than the car, so I suspect they've already been replaced. The speedo one will move the speedo needle in the car. So the only thing left I believe is the transducer.

Is it possible to rebuild the transducer? Or, is there some way to "rig" it to act as a bypass until I get around to really tackling the entire system?

My concern is that there may be other parts of the cruise control system that are broke and I don't want to drop ~$100 on a transducer just to get the speedo to work and still not have functioning cruise control. I've got bigger fish to fry, ya know?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Thats the goal...short term. I don't want to buy a cable that I will not need in the future when I get the whole system working properly again. Plus, replacing with a one piece cable means getting under the dash :down:

#4 ·
Scratch this. I took the transducer out...and apart. There's nothing wrong with the gearing inside...SOOOOOooooo the issue has got to be the gear in the transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.