Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Just a little note about that fancy dancy quarter window they stuck there on the side

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  alini 
#1 ·
Again the designers peeked back at yet another design and came up with that little jem.
09 Pontiac Solstice Coupe..... produced a huge blind spot in that car just as it will with the C7.

From the outside it looks like a full window, but it is just a portion of the actual size in viewing area. Most of it is blacked out on the inside of the glass.

#4 ·
Set your side mirrors CORRECTLY and you will have VERY LITTLE need to check "blindspots" anyway.

#6 ·
The 13 Shelby I just bought has little convex mirrors at the tips of the driver and passenger side mirrors. I thought was a great idea since I have put those little mirrors on all my vehicles in the past including my Vette. Those little mirrors help out tremendously.

#12 ·
Maybe, its because I'm 6'4" and I sit further back, but I find the B pillar of the last two generations gives a large blind spot.

The new design doesn't give the best visibility either but it is quite hard to accurately judge until we can sit in one.

#14 ·
IRCC the entire hatch area is walled off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.