Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Going friday to PU my first vette

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  BadBlackVett 
#1 ·
I've come close several times. Almost bought a 61 in 79 but thought $2500 was too much. Almost bought a 71-72, I don't remember which, for $3995. Again I thought it was too much. (be kind, I was young) but I've found a nice 90 vert in NC and I'm going after it friday. It's not perfect and it's high miles, but, there's more value in new stuff on it than the asking price and a fixer-upper would need everything this one has. I'll try to post a pic. I'm excited.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Its a C4 Roadster.
Your going to love it.
The chassis is very strong being a convertible.
Many structural changes were made over the coupe.
Top down open air feel is priceless in the spring and fall weather driving.
Love my 87 A4 vert.

#12 ·
Congrats on the vert! Another willing subject succombs to the disease !!!!!:D As it is a 90 be sure to read up on all the known issues with them. Several problems and fixes the biggest being the SRS system. If the seat belt light in the guage display is constantly lit then start reading !!! You will love it come summer ! Nice ride :cheers:

#19 ·
Yes A4 ='s Automatic 4-speed overdrive trans. 700R4. 4L60E, 4L80E.
Your 1990 C4 has the 700R4 trans like my 87.

There are a few Mopar guys floating around here too.
You may not like the A4 shifter. Nothing like a 1970 Cuda Hemi 4- speed Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.
Have a real hard core drag- road race friend here that may change the sucky C4 Auto shifter for all.
He is using his 86 C4 for prototype performance Auto shifter development.

#31 ·
Update. Big snow last night. Shortly after this mornings post, I got a call from my son. He had put his 06 Eclipse GT into a ditch going to work. I didn't even try to pull him out as I was afraid I'd damage the car the way it sat. We have AAA anyway. Used it. Took him to work and came home to wait on the roll back. By the time I had his car taken care of it was 3:00pm.
So, new game plan. Leaving sunday after church for NC. Stay over and monday morn I'll go to the NC DMV and get my temp registration and head home. Weather is supposed to be better anyway. I still have to go through Beckley and Bluefield and they get more snow than we do so caution is the game plan. My seller is working with me, great guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.