Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

I bought a RKT56 for my 81 pro-touring vette. PICS

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  INFILTRATOR 
#1 ·
I copied and pasted this from another thread so it would not take me 1/2 hour to start another post. I just delete info so I dont get my thread deleted. Enjoy..

Long story short. I needed a T56 for my 81 PRO-TOURING build. I searched in Houston for 2 month to find a T56 with no luck. I did find a T56 in a junkyard for $1800.00. Soooooooo, after reading about buying used transmissions, It seems there is alot of scamming going on. I did not want to waste my money on a used T56, Then find out it needs a major rebuild.$$$$$ is all you will end up losing in the end. I did make a post here about a D&D trans for $4000.00:eek:. I got a pm from__________. He said he could build my trans anyway I wanted(gearing)
BUT WHERE I REALLY CAME OUT AHEAD and never heard of, was he put 05/06 t56 GTO guts in it.:rock: WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY, HE IS AWESOME AND WILL WORK WITH YOU IN EVERYWAY. he even took pics to show the what was going in and progress time. THANKS RICK :rock: :cheers:

This is what he told me!!
I saw your post on the Viper T56 from D&D. First, as far as I know the unit is not new. Second, for your power level that is overkill. Did you know the Viper or F body T56's have double/single blocking ring design? The GTO, Vette and CTSV T56's have triple/double blocking ring design that will have smoother engagement of the gears. I can build you a GTO based (same external dimension as F body T56) T56 with your choice of gear ratios. M12 ratio has 2.97 first gear and the MM6 has 2.66 first gear. The trans will have solid keys 1-6, bronze fork pads 1-6 and reverse, steel 3-4 shift fork and carbon blockers. It will have stock 27 splined output shaft. It will come with 6 month/unlimited miles warranty. The price for the trans only is $ (ill leave this part out).. Let me know.

If your looking for a T56, this is your guy. :cheers:
He did not ask me to do this this. Im really happy with what I got, service by phone and his constant contact. I trust no one. But this guy did me good, and I wanted to share that with everyone. :thumbs:

See less See more
#8 ·
so spill the beans on who it is. So long as he's not advertising it's no problem to give a shout out to someone who actually does good work. In fact it's a refreshing change from the norm :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.