Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Thanks

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Atheris 
#1 ·
This seems like an appropriate times to acknowledge a few forum members. The buildup to the C7 reveal has been a lot of fun. Thanks Patrick for starting the forum and sticking around post-sale to offer your vette wisdom and provide insights into development, etc. Longtimer...you piss me off sometimes but I appreciate what you bring to the table. You're a passionate and knowledgeable dude. Chris Draper...you've done a killer job bringing "first view" images and info to the forum. Adonis...your new site is awesome! BKuper provides renders and chops and informed opinions. There are many others who have contributed to the experience...thanks to y'all as well.

It occurred to me the other day that I've been on this forum for 10 years. I wonder if I'm the only triple digit member who has never owned a vette. I just turned 50...so this is my year. Now I just have to figure out how my 130 lb Malamute will ride in the car. Maybe I'll keep the Tundra as my daily driver. :D

#2 ·
Triple digit member as well but I've owned a couple of Vettes. As far as the dog, if the seat will hold a 130# person, it will hold a130# dog, 'Nuff said, it can be and has been done before. Not go get Vette, you deserve it

#3 ·
Corvette is my life. I enjoy it and the people more than anything else in life. It has brought me more joy/anxiety/happiness/passion/adrenalin then anything else....and I don't even own one yet.

My passion for Corvettes started at age 12 when my grandparents bought a used 1989 Corvette. Now it runs through my blood.

Thanks for the acknowledgement :thumbsup:

I too am a 10 year member. Joined when I was only 15 years old.

#4 ·
Corvette is my life. I enjoy it and the people more than anything else in life. It has brought me more joy/anxiety/happiness/passion/adrenalin then anything else....and I don't even own one yet.

Thanks for the acknowledgement :thumbsup:
:agree: except I've owned three, all C4's, and all three of them broke. Actually, one was broken for me but who's counting.:laughing: (And, for what it's worth, placing the opti-spark directly adjacent to a water pump is a MUCH worse design decision than what shape the tail lights are.)

I hope to buy a new one someday...or a '66 coupe.

#10 ·
I joined the DC when we were trying to figure out how the C6 will look like. I remember Patrick's drawings, Brian's chops (of course the rear was the most intriguing part again) and all the enthusiasm we shared.
This is very very kind (and stylish) of You Atheris that 4 days before the Day you bring us together for a moment to acknowledge each other, to remind us for what we stand for. Yes, my favorite car has been Corvette from the age of 4, and it still holds a very special place in my heart although I never owned one.

I'm really glad you find the site awesome, I try my best. As you can see there are considerable amount of Corvettes. And this is only the beginning.
:cheers::thumbsup:

#11 ·
Yes, Cris has been fantastic, thank you very much for all your efforts.... don't worry Cris, i didn't get my first corvette until i was 44. But it's been a blast! There will always be something in your way... a new dishwasher, furniture etc... all i can say is start your secret savings fund now... and you'll be ready in a few years and you can pick up a lovely C6 for 60% less ( or more if the C7 fails... not that i want it to but i'm sure the car will be great )

#13 ·
Bought my first vette (slightly used) when I was 27. House at 28. Wife at 30. I told her we could pick out another house together, but a Corvette would always be in the garage. Laid that on the table up front and it's about the only thing we've never fought about. :laughing:

#14 ·
My fiance and I bought our house this past July. We bought one with a 3 car garage with the intent of having a Corvette in the future.

:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Good move! Will you be getting a great looking vette, or settle for a C7? :devil:

Seriously, there are some great deals to be had out there on C5s & C6s.

#17 ·
Nothin' wrong with that. A lot of us started out that way ... and with all the aftermarket stuff available today, you can personalize and up the performance to the level you want/can afford. It will also make your wife's gift shopping for you perpetually easier - a useful sell point BTW. "Just get me corvette stuff for [Christmas / birthday / anniversary / father's day / New Years / Ground Hog Day / Friday / etc.]."

#18 ·
I'm hoping with the C7 coming out, C6 prices will drop. A newish C6 GS will be in my driveway within the calendar year, fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Thanks for all the conversations

Wow...we have a couple of days for the actual Corvette to be shown. I ve been a member for 7 years and its amazing how many people love Corvettes as much (if not more) than I do. This is my 6th Corvette and I love each one. My first was a 86 black coupe and since than they just kept on getting better. However, lets hope this Corvette is better than the current and I have to admit the style has grown on me. I wish it was just a little more exotic in the front. I would like to see about 485 hp in it. I think that would be great along with the other refinments...:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.