Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Aftermarket CD Player work with Bose Stock?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  CorvetteBoy 
#1 ·
Hey:

Right now I currently have the stock audio system in my 1984 Corvette. It only has a tape deck and I'm really looking forward to installing an aftermarket cd player; maybe an Alpine or Pioneer. My question is: would my current Bose sound system work if I installed an aftermarket cd player? Thanks for your time.

Jon

#7 ·
lt1vert said:
If you want to keep the stock look on your console, you can go with an external cd changer.
I picked up a pioneer 6 disc changer and it took a 1/2 hour to hook it all up.

then you won't need new harnesses since it's FM modulated

www.ecklers.com
The Bose "Gold" setup has an amplifier per speaker in my 96, and that is not compatible (to my knowledge) with aftermarket head units.

The base Bose stereo speakers (my understanding) is that they CAN be used with a aftermarket radio, because all the amplification is done in the head unit.

#10 ·
It will work with an RF modulated CD Changer/player. You're still using the Bose to play the CD, you tune the Bose to (for ex 88.1) so that it receiver the signal broadcast from the CD modulator to your antenna. I used one in our Van works great!

#14 ·
Easy Way Out.

Maybe I'll just use one of those tapes that connect to a portable cd player and run my cd's that way for now. Sure beats spending money on something that might not work. Until I find a for sure way to get the AM CD player to work, I'll just use my portable player.

Thanks.

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.