Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

knock sensors

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
I am getting things ready to do the OPSU and when I was doing my searches I found something about the knock sensors but now I cant find it. It was about wrapping them with teflon to prevent false readings or something about that.

Anybody remember this issue or have any other advice on them. I am going to replace them when I'm in there any way, but just in case.

:partyon:

#2 ·
No, it was about putting silicone around the edges to keep water from getting inside them. This is something stupid people who power wash their engine would have to do. Don't waste your time. And DON'T power wash your engine.

#3 ·
No, it was about putting silicone around the edges to keep water from getting inside them. This is something stupid people who power wash their engine would have to do. Don't waste your time. And DON'T power wash your engine.
:agree: :thumbsup: :agree:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many issues will develope as a result :thud: .....and none of them are good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.