Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

new bests

8K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Cam8888 
#1 ·
went back to the track today with a new 4200 YANK CONVERTER, let me tell you it puts my old 3800 vigilante to shame. Dave the owner of yank built a new type of converter, and recommended i try it and guaranteed i would go faster, he kept his word and there is a lot more left into it, this was the first test day at the track, and i had a problem with my front brakes working so i couldn't ft brake it higher then 2500 rpm but results don't lie, this is the most streetable converter i have ever driven, it actually drives better then stock, it locs according to throttle position and at what you set in the tune, it is giving me faster 60 fts and better gas mpg at a lower mph, here are some of the very consistent slips from today, could my
60 fts possibly reach 1.30 when i can ft brake to 4000:surprised
dennis50nj said:

#6 ·
this is the most streetable converter i have ever driven, it actually drives better then stock, it locs according to throttle position and at what you set in the tune
Great runninig Dennis! That some very good improvement going from that 3600 PI to the Yank.

Sounds like the converter I need! Are you locking the converter in each gear at light to heavy throttle to make it more streetable with no lock at WOT? Is the converter going to live very long locking so much? Maybe a screen shot of your Apply/Release Speed table?

#7 ·
thanks Larry the converter is great, and it wasn't to its full potential as my front brakes rotors were cold and rears hot don't no what was going on there, the converter locs at part throttle but unlocks at a little more throttle, it locs normal depending on throttle position, doesn't need to be wide open to un loc, if i was you get it

#11 ·
Would be interesting to see how your tuner has set your tranny parameters to make this very loose converter so street friendly. Makes me want to get one just like yours!
Hi Larry i wanted to get my facts straight, so i called Dave at yank to get it right, this is the new power adder series converter. it comes in a 3400 or 3800, i got the 3800 thats why it seems so streetable the same compared to the vig 3800, it flashes higher because of my extra power and i will be able to spray with it, the locing is done in the tune like you said, what i am experiencing is coupling, it is coupling sooner at part throttle for better street use:thumbsup:, so 1.45 60 ft vig 1.34 60 ft yank, i say get it, i wish i new this i would have got a true 4200

#15 ·
Hi Larry i wanted to get my facts straight, so i called Dave at yank to get it right, this is the new power adder series converter. it comes in a 3400 or 3800, i got the 3800 thats why it seems so streetable the same compared to the vig 3800, it flashes higher because of my extra power and i will be able to spray with it, the locing is done in the tune like you said, what i am experiencing is coupling, it is coupling sooner at part throttle for better street use:thumbsup:, so 1.45 60 ft vig 1.34 60 ft yank, i say get it, i wish i new this i would have got a true 4200
Looks like I need this converter! Seems to me they way you describe it doesn't matter how loose you get as it will still be streetable with the locking at shift. As long as the converter will hold up and have reasonable longevity with all this locking and unlocking.

#17 ·
its hard to say, i didnt get a clean pass as my front brakes werent holding while ft braking the converter, so i used he ebrake and if i went over 2500 rpm it would still push threw the beams and stage deeper, i need to really foot brake it to 3600 rpm if i can to get a better time, also the da was - 800s 10.201 , last time i ran with the old converter da was - 1300s 10.38 with same battery so about 1.8 + .08 = 2.6:D and hopefully more with the higher ft brake not bad going from a vig to a yank:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.