Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

2013 Chevy SS Nascar Sprint Cup Car

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  raidmagic 
#1 ·

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool looking cars. But I have tried on multiple occasions to get "into" NASCAR and I just can't do it. What do the "stock" cars on the track have anything to do with the cars you can buy at a dealership? Can a guy get a right turn once in a while? :laughing:

#4 ·
The 2013 season will mark the introduction of the 'Gen-6' NASCAR racecar. At the heart of the new car is a desire to see more competitive racing by cars that closely resemble their showroom counterparts. Here are some of the key changes that fans will notice:
1) Distinct body lines that match street vehicles
2) The "greenhouse" area is the same on every car
3) Longer nose and shorter tail to mimic street cars
4) Carbon fiber hood and decklid
5) New decals on windshield and roof

#6 ·
I use to be a huge Nascar fan. The more the cars look the same, the more political it gets, the less I'm interested. It's sad, but I think Nascar has seen it's better days.

The stands are normally half empty now.
Those new cars look boring.
At least JJ isn't the champion anymore.
No more splitters either?
When the same handful of drivers win every week, were's the fun?

Nascar died with SR.

#8 ·
?

Nascar died with SR.
Close, Nascar died with the advent of the chase. You can't have teams in the "playoffs" competing with teams not in them. Obviously you can't sit 31 other cars for the last ten races but they should only get points vs. Each other. If you are in the chase and you finish 10th on the track but 2nd against other chase drivers then you get 2nd place points for that race for the chase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.