Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Jumpin' back in again.... 60th Anniv Grand Sport

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  su8pack1 
#1 ·
Well,

It's been 2 years since we sold our 2010 GS to buy a Sea Ray boat, and I'm now pulling the trigger on another.... a new 60th Anniv Grand Sport Coupe. Couldn't help myself ! :partyon:

Likely pick it up next Monday, as we have other travel plans for the next several days. Can't wait.

Although the C7 is around the corner, I still REALLY like the C6 and the discounts are too great to ignore.

Pics to follow soon. I figure what better 60th B day for me ( in Feb) than a 60th C6.

#2 ·
Congrats! It should be a blast. I had the same decision to make - new 2013 or wait for the C7. I love the C6, so I sprung for the 2013 - but mine is a base coupe. Have fun driving that beauty! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
thanks folks !!!

It's the Anniversary 4LT model GS so it's Arctic White with the silver, blue stripes. The interior is the dark blue leather wrap.

It will be Monday before we pick it up as we're tied up till then.

Hopefully it won't be snowing Monday, as it did here today. :down:

I'll get some pics posted, and change my avatar once we get it home. I did go ahead and order some goodies for it that we had on our 2010 Grand Sport and really liked:
* Mild to Wild remote switch for the Dual Mode Exhaust
* First to Fourth, skip shift eliminator
* Car cover ( for use in the garage or occasional trip)
* License plate frame (Grand Sport)

Anyone got any other favorites I should consider???

This will be our 8th Vette........

1. '65 Roadster. 327/300 owned from 1975 to1977
2. '94 Coupe Torch Red Automatic
3. '98 Coupe Torch Red Automatic
4. '00 Coupe Torch Red 6 speed
5. '04 Coupe Blue 6 speed
6. '05 Coupe Blue 6 speed
7. '10 Coupe Grand Sport Crystal Red 6 speed
8. '13 Coupe Grand Sport Anniversary Arctic White 6 speed

Can't wait !!!! Even though it will ride like the last one, still can't get enough.

#7 ·
Anyone got any other favorites I should consider???
Lloyd's floor mats and possibly cargo mat with either the 60th anninversary logo or the Grand Sport Logo

http://www.southerncarparts.com/60th-anniversary-corvette-floor-mat-and-cargo-mat-bundle-p-4188.html

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corvette-grand-sport-floor-mat-bundle-p-2957.html

I ordered the 60th anniversary mats with the "60" in the flag and silver "Corvette" like the bottom left pic of the four examples near the bottom of the page.

#9 ·
thanks !

I did order some floor mats from Southern Car Parts yesterday.
The ones I ordered are a clear protective mat that goes over top of the factory mat. That way, any wet feet, dirt, leaves, etc stay on the inexpensive clear vinyl mats. I've had these several times before, including my current Company provided Buick. Keeps the mats looking like brand new!!! Very inexpensive too $45. I'll take another look at the storage area mat.

Even I don't think I could stomach any additional "60th" markings...... the Anniversary model has ton's of them already. Almost too many for me as it comes from the factory.

Anyone have any other goodies that I've overlooked, please speak up. I don't have any desire to jump into additional power plant increases as the GS 436 hp works for me !

thanks,

#13 ·
Love that 427 vert.....

I didn't even consider it at the time we got our GS Anniv as we already had owned a '10 GS and really liked it.

I think the 427 Anniv edition would have been the one to own as hind sight kicked in. My wife isn't a vert enthusiast but I'm sure she could have been convinced. Still thrilled with our choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.