Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Cross Generation Corvette side-by-side comparisons

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  1963SS 
#1 ·
I love the opportunity to ride behind/beside/in front of another Corvette and also take the opportunity to park beside another one any chance I get and doing so at lunch on Friday made me think of starting a thread to compare Corvette's across generations. I'm sure some of you have done this before as well, so please feel free to share pics of your own side-by-side shots.

My current C3 '72 and a C6:

Untitled by clemson_tiger29679, on Flickr

Here's a C4 '94 I previously owned and a C3:

See less See more
#6 ·
I remember back in the late 70's/early 80's a lot of brand new late model C3's running around with the ass end dragging and the nose in the air. They came that way. Always looked goofy to me. It's only been in the last decade that you see them lowered down all around.

Back in the day, running big block coil springs on the front of your small block car was even considered a cool look. I know my '74 Z28 was set up with N60's sticking out the sides with the ass end jacked up on air shocks and big block coils up front. :laughing: Always looked like it was about to pull the front wheels off the ground. :devil:

#9 ·
Notice how as the generations pass the cars would get larger shrink down then increase in size gradually. Never really notice that unless parked side by side.

#16 ·
I'm sure some of you have done this before as well, so please feel free to share pics of your own side-by-side shots.
Is this only for Vettes or can I join in. I don't have any cross generation shots of the C4 but I do of my Impala.:laughing:

I like the old ones better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.