Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

77 - Trans cooler line removal??

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  drbluevert 
#1 ·
Getting closer and closer to pulling the motor and I figured I'd pull the motor and trans together.

Is there a trick to getting the trans cooler lines off the body of the trans? There doesn't seem to be any room to get a regular line wrench in there and I don't want to round of the nut with anything else...which would mean buying new lines.

Thanks...

#3 ·
LOL...great I love having to buy tools that I'll only use ONCE. :laughing: Thanks for the tip!

#4 ·
Isn't that why they make bigger tool boxes every year:thumbsup:

Well they do come in handy for lots of stuff but check your local cheap place for a throwaway set. I just looked quick and your harbor freight place down there has a set of basic ones for $12. Probably good enough.

Mooser

#7 ·
Mooser...exactly. :laughing:

Raid...I was thinking that too. I just do not want to bend these lines. I think they go under the front crossmember, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Drbluevert...They are soaking in PB Blaster until morning. And I NEVER have good luck with line nuts...I can't even count how many I have rounded off. :down:

Tomorrow is another day...

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.