Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

slp headers

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  T.M. 
#1 · (Edited)
does anybody have any info on the slp long tube headers? it seems like a nice set up

#2 ·
well it seems that I could not wait for advice, it seemed like a good deal ,here's what I got, from pfyc, Price: $1,259.96 free shiping
SLP's C5 Corvette Long-Tube Header Packages feature 1-3/4" primary tubes flowing into two 3" high-flow venture-style collectors. The headers are mandrel bent 409 stainless steel and ceramic coated to keep heat in, exhaust velocity up, and under-hood temperatures down, while the rest of the system is made from high-quality 304 stainless steel.
Also included in the package are a pair of 3" high-flow catalytic converters, which flow into a 3" integrated PowerFlo-X Crossover assembly. They're fully compatible with all stock emissions-control equipment and use OEM flanges for a perfect fit and proper bolt retention. All necessary installation hardware are included. Backed by SLP's Lifetime Warranty.

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry, i couldnt comment because i dont have a set.
I went with the LG pro longtubes, polished stainless steel, cat eliminators, 02 simulators for i think $1300. Thats including shipping to hawaii. That was about 5 years ago.
You can really benefit from those hedders with a nice tune. My car was real "rich" in open loop and WOT after hedders and no tune, still dropped my 1/4 mile times .2, after tune the car had a noticable power increase. Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.