48 high resolution pictures

8K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Race2Win 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
According to Chevy's website, the three options for the top are going to be:

• painted carbon fiber
  • visible carbon fiber
  • transparent

I wish they had more high-res photos of the painted carbon fiber roof. I think the dark grey car looks pretty good with the visible carbon fiber, but I think the red car would look better with a body-color roof.

edit: the image of the silver car with the aero graphics appears to be the only body-color roof image we have so far.

#3 ·
love the interior

I love the interior. There are a few hints of C4 in there which is very nice. The choice of Grand Touring & Race seats was s very big plus too. Everything looks so well layed out and within reasonable reach. It's just that God damn back half of the car. When I would shift the page over a picture and cut out up until the halo bar...it looks pure Corvette. The minute I move the page back you just see something...different.:rolleyes:

#5 ·
Love It!

Great job!!! Especially the interior. I like the way they carried the Stingray theme over the dash. If you closely at the red interior, you can see the two humps above the steering wheel and then follow the lines out and down the drivers cockpit and it looks like you are behind a stingray as it faps its wings through the water... neat!!! Love It!:crazy:

#9 ·
I could be wrong, but I believe there have been one or two advancements in electronics over the last 30 years. I'm currently using a Tandy computer that someone bought from Radioshack in the late 70s, so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I hear integrated circuits are all the rage these days.

edit: For the record, I like analog gauges, and I'm glad they decided to keep them in addition to the digital cluster. Lexus claims that the LFA revs so fast that it necessitates a digital tach, since an analog gauge supposedly can't keep up, while a modern LCD only takes a matter of milliseconds to update. I'm not sure how much of that is true and how much is marketing hype, but I do know that a quality LCD takes around 5 ms to scan out over 1000 lines of resolution... and an embedded processor would probably take < 1 ms to read from a sensor and update an image to send to the aforementioned LCD. I'm guessing that's a lot easier than designing and manufacturing an analog gauge that can be that hyper-responsive.

#10 ·
Yes yes yes. These pictures help a LOT. The grey car looks better, even with the way the roof color decision goes. And I really like how the passenger is pretty much relegated to a "sit there and be quiet" position. Everything is driver centered. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
I still say the rear end looks like a Camaro. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I wasn't crazy about the C6 when it first came out but I've owned 3 of 'em now and loved them all...

7-speed tranny?! Didn't know that was on the list.
Hopefully dual mode exhaust will be standard instead of a $1200 option....

I'll wait for the Grand Sport/ZO6 version or whatever the performance version is going to be called (Blue Devil ;)) before I actually buy one...

Thanks for the pics!
:cheers:

#12 ·
I think the rear defiantly has a camaro flavor to it. That's the only thing I don't care for about the car.
When the ZO6 and ZR1 come out, that's when I'll give it a more serious look. I'm curious to see what kid of power they put into them. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.