Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Service Engine Soon Light

9K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Need some help guys.
Yesterday my Service Engine Soon Light came on.
I checked the codes and the following two (2) show up.
28-TCS C1286
80-Radio U1016

they both show current and history.
I cleared these codes and the light went away for about 10 miles then the light came back on and the codes were back.

Please tell me what I need to do to fix my problem.
Thanks for any and all help.
:crazy:

#2 ·
How Old Is the Batterie ? Any Batterie related problems in the past

Have you recently disconnected the Batterie ?

Clean the Grounds , Inspect the Harness

If you have not already

8-TCS
C1286 H Steering Sensor Bias Malfunction

Bon

#8 ·
U1016 is on the list under alot of categories, PCM, TCS, Radio....they all mean the same thing. Loss of Comm but its the area you find the code that means more. I get it under 'Radio' too sometimes, depends on if the radio is on or off when I check for codes.

#18 ·
There are two problem with figuring out his issue. One, he never listed what year his car is. Two, he never posted if he had RPO JL4 or not. I would need to know those things in order to figure out what his solution would be.

#19 ·
Ah, I see. I have a similar problem with my 01. I have codes c1286h 1287h and 1288h. I know the last 2 are steering position sensor, my traction control light is on, but my traction control works. I do not have active handling.
Reguarding my steering issue. The previous owner had a spec stage 2 clutch installed. I'm quessing they moved the steering wheel with the shaft disconnected. Think I can disconnect the shaft and move the steering wheel 180* and see if thats fixes it? Or is the sensor shot. Thanks man

#22 ·
Okay, I'll post the service bulletins that contain specific information about that code for your car. See the attached Adobe document. There will be multiple. Technically, it would be best if you had a scan tool to trouble-shoot the problem but I have been able to diagnose issues like this without one by understanding the information within the documents.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.