Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Real life pix: group of C7 Stingrays in public

9K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  T-Murphy 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I really like the C7 headlights and front end! :thumbsup: From the door back - ahhhhh. :lookinup: Will have to see in person. It wouldn't inhibit me from buying a C7Z when released though.

The more I look at those images, I'd have to say -- in a parallel galaxy where there was no C6 or Corvette for that matter and both my JSB Grand Sport (and other wide body C6s) and that JSB C7 were launched at the same time as "twins"... the Grand Sport / Z06 / ZR1 would certainly hold their own.

The overall design of the C7 strongly resembles the C6 - which is a good thing for the Corvette heritage / tradition. The resemblance of the C7 / C6 helps current C6 owners to hold out 2 or 3 years before buying a C7. :cheers:

#10 ·
Beautiful profile

I think everything from the side window on forward just looks simply beautiful. You can see so much Corvette heritage in the face also. When they went to lunch the design team and Ed Welburn probably smoked something really good before they drawed out the rear.:smokin: :thud:

#11 ·
I think everything from the side window on forward just looks simply beautiful. You can see so much Corvette heritage in the face also. When they went to lunch the design team and Ed Welburn probably smoked something really good before they drawed out the rear.:smokin: :thud:
Stingray concept built.
Stingray concept shown to public.
Stingray concept featured in movie.
Stingray concept gets generally positive response.
Positive response gives GM perception of willingness of public to accept a more adventurous design direction.
C7 Stingray takes cues from Stingray concept, though toned down.
Some people don't like C7, but a lot do.

#14 ·
Thanks bud, yea i posted the video up here on the 23rd of this month, but uploaded the photos on CORVETTE7.COM. I seemed to have a lot less haters on that forum.

#32 ·
:agree: Aztec yup even the TA had a smoother sleeker rear to match the front.

The aftermarket will have a better solution for the tailight assemblies.
:agree:

It is a beautiful car... until you see that ugly ass. It just plain doesnt fit those smooth sleek sexy lines everywhere else. Who ever thought that belonged on that car forgot it was a vette they started on. Way to cut up and camaroish taillamps ruin it for me. I want a whole car not 75% Vette 25% something else.

Im looking for a C6 unless this is the most non photogenic rearend in the world. :(

#24 ·
Interestng how the rear quarter view looks better without that spoiler! Spoiler looks like it just got stuck on at the very end without thought given to esthetics. You can get away with that on the race car but simply tacking things on, even if functional, looks cheap.

Without spoiler and some aftermarket replacement parts for the rear lights, the car will look far better.
Forward of the rear fenders, the car is acceptable, but the rear qauarters need work.

#28 ·
I know I have posted this before, but it appears in some of the early leaks of the nose and tail fabrication images, that the taillight bezels are a one piece plug in that is placed into single openings in the bumper cover. Certainly they designed this for ease of assembly, but I wonder if this has also been done to allow for an easy image refresh or a reboot if the tail lights don't go over as hoped? In any event, painting the taillight bezels and miscellaneous vents body color would definitely clean things up a bit for those who feel the need. GM would be wise, I think, to offer this as an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.