Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

The Buildup to the Reveal

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Z06Fiend 
#1 ·
Detroit is booming and the momentum is building for the reveal this Sunday. This will be the most viral, and exposed automobile reveal in the history of the automobile. I've heard an estimate of over 3,000 media personnel will be at the reveal, alongside the hundreds of thousands (possibly over a million?) viewing online.

Imagine if Jalopnik would have kept to themselves.....we would know relatively nothing about the car.

If UFO enthusiast were as enthusiastic of UFOs as Corvette enthusiasts are of Corvettes, we'd have undeniable proof of aliens and a pdf copy of the POTUS's book of secrets. :laughing:

This was posted on another forum. Banner hung on an abandoned building in Detroit.....kind of an ironic scene.

See less See more
#2 ·
.............. Banner hung on an abandoned building in Detroit.....kind of an ironic scene.
:laughing: Oh yes, ironic. The last building I saw in Detroit with a dated Banner like that signified when the building would be destroyed. Very ironic.

Sounds like there will be more journalist than enthusiast for the reveal, with the exception of the few Museum members, since the show doesn't open to the public til the 19th.

#5 ·
At this point only those in abject denial believe the car will look different than the Jalopnik renderings. Patrick clearly had the scoop, yet it was difficult for many, including myself, to believe GM would actually F up the design. And, at 15 months out, it was reasonable to assume that those early renderings would be wrong...because in the past they typically have been. It's also hard for many to believe that after 15 months of HATING on GM design, that they wouldn't at least modify the tail-lights. Oh well. I think many of us are reluctantly embracing the design because we know that by all other measures the car will be stellar.

All of us hold some measure of hope that the actual car will look better than the renderings...which it likely will.

If Carjaval can build an awesome full body kit, he ought to be able to come up with a killer rear treatment.

The outline visible through the banner confirms the flatter front and rear fenders of the Jalopnik renderings. Which sucks.

#11 ·
I'll post this here instead of making another thread.....even though someone probably will.

Just released on Twitter with the caption "A revolution in driving precision". Can anyone tell what it is? :lookinup:

#17 ·
This is some sort of a hydraulic welding fixture to hold multiple components for welding. You can see lots of hydraulically actuated clamps. In the foreground, I can see one or two robotic welding arms. Might be some other process, but my guess is welding... either arc, TIG, or spot. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Some type of injection/molding machine?

#23 ·
Awesome! :partyon: Chevy is doing it right for this release! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.