Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Semi vs. Corvette - Hit and Run!

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
The driver of the Corvette is lucky to be alive after an 18 wheeler rear-ended the Vette sending it into a guardrail, bouncing it off the guardrail and back under the back of the trailer. The wheels of the trailer hit the front side of the car. If the Corvette had gone a little further under the trailer the driver would have been crushed by the wheels. A police officer witnessed the crash and put a BOLO out for the truck. He did not chase the truck because he stopped the check on the victim who walked away from the crash. The truck was not seen again. :surprised

#4 ·
So much for that C5 convertible. One of my other cars was hit and run 9 times in the 17 years I owned it. H&R suck because these aholes drive up insurance rates for everyone else through no fault of their own.

I'd just like to :smack these bastids.

I guess he can salvage the wheels/tires, seats and motor, maybe the transmission, but that's probably it. That frame will never be the same, that's for sure.

Sorry to see this...

#5 ·
Glad the driver survived.

Florida is one of the worst states to drive in. Last study I saw, we have 4 of the top 15 deadliest cities to drive in (according to fatalities by population). :surprised

Couple that with 25% uninsured and 2.2 million on suspended/revoked licenses in this state alone and you can see why things like this happen.

#6 ·
Glad the driver survived.

Florida is one of the worst states to drive in. Last study I saw, we have 4 of the top 15 deadliest cities to drive in (according to fatalities by population). :surprised

Couple that with 25% uninsured and 2.2 million on suspended/revoked licenses in this state alone and you can see why things like this happen.
At least it keeps the lawyers busy, right? :laughing:

#10 ·
A huge Semi did this an no one managed to get a Truck # / Plate # / or anything?

Hope they find the guy and justice is served.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.