Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

removing sun visors?

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
had the top out today and i thought the sunvisors stuck up to far and looked horrible, plus i cant remember the last time i ever used a sun visor so im removing them. It looks like the one side comes off with a socket but how do you take the other side off?

#12 ·
I guess it doesn't make much sense to yank them off a Z, but I might just, Hell I cant put them down or I can't see out of the windshield and besides that is what sunglasses are for.

I bet the weight savings will shave a tenth off the 1/4 mile :laughing:

#16 ·
At least you didn't make the stupid mistake I did in paying the dealership $100 to put them on. That's after I spent $200 on a pair of stock ones. Damn, I was an idiot back then. I'm glad I saved you the money!

#17 ·
new to forum

hello...new here and stumbled onto this thread which made me want to remove my visors.

I followed the instructions and was able to take the visor out of the socket but the electrical wiring on the driver side didn't have a clip to detach the wire from the visor. The passenger side did have it but i couldn't figure out how to release the clip.

If/when i can figure it out with anybody's help on here i also had a question for those who did remove them and what you did with the hole left there. It didn't seem like the plug came apart from the visor and I assumed i'd be left with this hole which wasn't ideal.

any help is appreciated...thanks!

#18 ·
Dank,

Fish the lead out and you'll find the other connector, it's there.

If you look carefully you'll find out how to unclip the connector. It's a conventional plug in connector. Your fingers will work to release it.

As far as the hole is concerned, if it bothers you that much just go to the Home Depot or Lowe's and get a small, hole plug of the appropriate size. They are in the 'hardware' bins over by the nuts and bolts and come in various sizes and colors.

Welcome to the group.

Hth,

Jim

#21 ·
Hey King

Hey hows it going my wife had her visor to the side and forgot to move it inwards when she put her window up...now it's flimsy. I was looking to remove it and noticed that it has a ring inside of a bigger ring (plastic) and before I attempt to remove it I was wondering if there was an easy way to remove it without breaking the plastic..can you help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.