Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Got My First C2! Needs Work--Lots of it.

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  72and86 
#1 ·

This baby is gonna need a lot of work and I'll probably have a lot of questions here.
I'm very well versed in the C3 but not the C2, so some of these questions may seem dumb...
My question is ; what kind of hood is that? I can't seem to find it in any pictures... (under the hood I'm told is a 1972 350, NOM)
Obviously the wrong rims too...

Here's some more shots, you can see the work ahead of me...

Steve

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks pretty good! As long as its running and there are no MAJOR gremlins, it should be a fun restoration.

#7 ·
The hood is an aftermarket piece, not factory. Make to look like a cross between the C2 and C3 big Block hoods.

Good luck with the new ride! :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Looks good as is to me.
Perfect Driver's car. IMHO not worth the cost, pain and effort to restore to bone stock. I'd drive the wheels off it the way it is at least for a couple years. Then if you really got the bug to restore it, you've already had a lot of fun with it. Good Luck.

#18 ·
Sorry for the belated post but Im not getting notifications...! :huh:

Anywho, I was gonna restore back to stock but after looking at it awhile I agree with you. I kinda like the look; the rims and flairs and 3 tail lights... It defines a time and history of the car I just might keep...
Since it drives just fine (except , exhaust leak, no lights, wipers or radio) I'll enjoy it as I get it up to "safe" driver condition.

#13 ·
Yes everyone is correct about the hood. It has flares all around, not just the rear. How does the frame look. The main trouble spot is where the frame kicks up in the back where the trailing arms attach to the frame. If you look right under the trailing arms at the frame you will see a spot that tends to catch a lot of dirt and when that dirt gets wet it just sits there and rots the frame. If that spot is solid then the rest of the frame probably is too. Did you buy this as a 65 or 66?

Don't worry too much it looks a lot like mine did....good luck...you'll love it when it's done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.