Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

She is finally painted!!

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  MR BRNS C6 
#1 ·
So awhile ago, I posted on here asking for help picking a color combination of my corvette. After you guys steered me away from flat black, I went back to the drawing board and settled on a new color. Well the car is painted and after 7 years of waiting, she finally looks as good as she runs. I love the color and I just wanted to thank all of you for talking me out of the flat black paint I think it looks much better this way.
Since this was my first car (and because I was a broke teenager) I decided to go the slightly modified route with this car.
from this

to this

[/IMG]

To list the things done to this car would take forever, but I will give a brief list:

-Completely rebuild front and rear suspension
-Completely new steering
-Completely new ac system
-New brake calipers with drilled slotted rotors
-New big block radiator (for that Vegas heat) and flex- fan
-New interior, including custom fitted seats
-New tires and wheels
-New sound system, including speakers and radio
-New paint with body work (custom mix based of the new synergy green Camaro)

Well there are many more things I could list but basically everything is new or rebuild except for the engine and trans. Those were recently replaced or rebuilt before I got the car. Knowing that those are probably my next project on the car, I have a couple questions for all your smart people out there. Being a broke college student, I having a dream of one day putting one of those 6-speed conversion Tremic transmissions with and Ls series engine. I have read that many do a budget version of this and buy this combo from a GTO, but even then it seems a bit a expensive and timely. I have no immediate plans for this but just wondering about your input on the idea or a better suggestion?

See less See more
#11 ·
Well I really wanted black, but because I had to do all the body work and most of the painting I didn't trust myself to do that color. I just heard black shows everything. Then I thought I would go with a new gray, but that had the same problem. Bright colors seem to cover mistakes much better. I always liked the new Camaro green, but at like $800 a gallon it was too expensive. Also it is a three stage paint and who has time for that. So a friend of mine said a guy custom mixes paints at work as a hobby and well the color was born. It is not synergy green as it is a two stage paint, but it is close. It has more silver and gold in it to make it "pop" more in the sun.

Thanks again for all the kind words, it means a lot. I have been thinking I have like 300+ picture I took over the years of the build and was wondering if i should post some of the cool stuff I havent seen on here. For example I fitted Miata car seats to the car without and permit modifications to car and for under $150 including the seats. I don't know if that is something people on here would be interest in seeing. I have free time right now as I am on winter break visiting family, so I thought now would be the best time to do a write up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.