Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

DBA ROTORS 5000/ Brake job coming

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  MEATHEAD1 
#1 ·
Time for a upgrade on the Duck 07 C6 Z06 50,000, looking at a rotors for the vette, And looking at doing this my self from rebuilding the calipers if need to flushing the whole system out ( and trust me it needs it) looking for DYI on this just in case I need a hand or I need special tools ect ect,
Thanks in advance
Vaughn

#2 ·
I use the DBA 5000 2-piece rotors on the front and rear of my C6 what is equipped with the Z06 brakes. Its an easy install. Just remove the calipers, pull the original rotors off the wheel studs, slide the new rotors in place, then re-install the calipers. Probably a good idea to install new pads when installing new rotors, too.

If your car has 50k miles, the calipers should be fine, unless it's seen a lot of track useage.

#6 ·
The rears are also DBA with the "Kangeroo Paw" holes and slots. They do not make a two-piece rear rotor to my knowledge. The centers are gold anodized to match the front.
Sorry, no pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.