Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

08 LS3!!! Pics!!!

61K views 76 replies 40 participants last post by  whasup 
#1 ·
Here you go ,boys....and some girls.....08 LS3 w/ 4lt pkg, 430HP in Kentucky

It's either a really good hoax or the real deal. ZO6 type mufflers, interior changes and the LS3....:thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't care much for the centers on those wheels,though...The owner didn't give much info as to if this is a Z51 or base with the 4LT and rotor options. Lots of color and gloss on the interior, guess GM wanted to beat the aftermarket to the interior dress up game.

#8 ·
I see they moved the goofy GM badge behind the front wheel.
I thought that at first glance too, but I think thats the back wheel.

Is that the Z06 exhaust? I know its hard to tell, but I thought the Z51 was getting the Z06 exhaust in 08. Also is the rear fender flared out?

#13 ·
Congrats on the sticky post :laughing:

Great info, thanks!

#21 ·
Boy, between this, the Z06, and the SS, GM has been keeping busy developing the Corvette! I doubt there has ever been more engineering done on a single GM model generation. :partyon: Is there any doubt that the C6 corvette is the finest vehicle Generous Motors has ever produced?

#23 ·
:agree: Just bums me out a little that I got an '07 already instead of waiting :-(

#24 ·
Does anyone notice how they slightly deformed the LS3's middle intake runners to allow the fuel crossover tube to sit flush within the top-center of the intake manifold? All previous LS intakes located the crossover tube well above the intake to avoid interference. I guess it doesn't matter or they wouldn't have done it way.

#27 ·
The new MAF's on all corvettes will be integrated into the air filter housing like the LS7. They are replaceble by 2 special 5 point torx sockets if and when they go bad .
The difference is that the new ones flow better.

:thumbsup:

#33 ·
For all you saying its a "4LT" package it is not. This is a 2008 3LT Z51 A6.
This is a picture of the service parts ID. Notice option "GU2" This is the new Performance Axle 2.73 option for the A6 that was rumored earlier.

The Z51 will be listed at 430 or 435Hp depending on how conservative GM wants to get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.