Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Help, looking for corvette

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  XQIZT 
#1 ·
Hello, I am looking for my uncle's 1980 corvette that he sold around 87-90ish. It has taken years to obtain the Vin number so now I am on the hunt. I would like any help from people that can point me in the right direction to finding this car. I don't mind spending money on website's if they can provide info. I have Googled the vin and checked 30+ website's. Looked on some corvette registry's and put info out on the-lost-car-registry as well. 1980 corvette black ext. with tan interior, 4 speed, sold in panama city, florida back in 87-90ish at a car lot that no longer exists. 1Z878AS434730 Any info will be helpfull. Thank you, Kyle

#2 ·
I can't help, but keep us posted on your search efforts. It will be interesting to see if such a "cold case" search can be successful. A friend of mine found the '55 chevy 2 dr h/t that he drove in high school after an extended search. He owned it in the late 50's, early 60's and sold it in about 1965. He found the car in the early 90's. It is now probably the best '55 show car I have ever seen (after spending far more money than the car is worth to make it that way). Good luck! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Try the Panama City city hall, public records, licenses, permits, etc., for that address during that time frame. You may get a lead as to who owned the business, owner or descendants could still be in the area, may still have business records laying around.

You never know until you start digging. For a fee, there are investigators who do research of that nature, usually affiliated with lawyers offices or private investigating firms.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advise. I will try everything mention and then some if that's what it take's. I did find today that the car is currently registered in Florida. So that's one step closer to finding it. I will keep everyone posted with the search.

#13 ·
found it!

You all are awesome!!! I have contacted the guy and he is willing to sell it. He is in fact in Marianna, Fl. The car is white now instead of black and they took the 4 speed out of it. Going up there this weekend to check it out and see if we can't make a deal. It sound's like it's been rode hard but can't wait to see it. It's been 25 years!

#16 ·
This is awesome...keep us posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.