Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

small dots in windshield 2004

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Scully 04 
#1 ·
I have noticed in the past small imperfections in my windshield small dots everywhere in the windshield look like it went through a sand storm. You only notice it during this time of year when I have to drive directly into the sun anyone every have the same experience. Is it a flaw :huh:

#9 ·
#12 ·
Could just be a QC problem. Any idea where the windshields were made?
All of mine were OEM HUD replacements secured from the local Chevy Dealership. (They made the mistake once of installing a Made in Mexico knockoff which I had them remove the same day).

I am pretty sure they all have the problem, you just don't really notice how bad it is until you install a new one - feels like a new car for a few months.

#14 ·
All of mine were OEM HUD replacements secured from the local Chevy Dealership. (They made the mistake once of installing a Made in Mexico knockoff which I had them remove the same day).

I am pretty sure they all have the problem, you just don't really notice how bad it is until you install a new one - feels like a new car for a few months.
True. I used to be an auto glass installer. I'm sure the dealers sneak knock-off's into their inventories. Incrases their bottom line.

#7 ·
I am starting with the same problem.You can only see the impefections when driving directly into the sun when it is low in the sky.
I didn"t expect this issue with only 28,000 miles on the car.
Does anyone think a windshield coating like RainX would maybe fill in the pits and make the problem go away?
I don"t know much about the RainX coating.

#15 ·
Iam with everyone else its really noticable when driving into the sun. So I guess there is really now way of getting rid of them. what I read it is a widespread problem, to bad we do not have a cure for it. I would be first in line to get it fixed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.