Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

*NEW PRODUCT* Dakota Digital VHX gauges for '68-'77 Corvette

18K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Custom Image 
#1 · (Edited)
Custom Image Corvettes is happy to announce that Dakota Digital has introduced a set of direct bolt in gauges for the '68-'77 Corvettes. These gauges are the answer to our prayers. They have a host of features, Integrated blinkers, high beams, check engine, cruise, gear select, brake light, 0-60 mph, 1/4 mile. They work with standard gen 1 engine cars and my favorite the LS series of engines! awesome part for the LS guys is that all you have to do is plug the gauges into your OBD2 port! There are a couple cat6 cables and you are done!

We are a full line dealer. Call or email for more info or to place an order.

We got the very first set.

See less See more
#3 ·
Those look pretty nice, but in my '71 I'm partial to analog gauges, not crazy about digital readouts. Are those the only face options available? What color is the background with the lights on? Are they dimmable? What do the back connections look like? What's the price?

#6 ·
I'm not a fan of losing functionality such as the reset button for the seat belts, and lights for headlamps and door ajar as the DD kit has block off plates for those. I see they have a dimmable knob for the lights but no idea how that would be able to fit in a vet, some one needs to do some fabricating.

Not trying to be negative, just maybe not the set for me. This is a great addition for our older cars and I'm hoping lots of others see a huge benefit with these as maybe DD may offer some different options in the future. It's a great start!

:partyon: :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Perfect for my project. Although my Vette is a 76 the po put a 79 interrior in it so ill have to wait on dd to come out with the 78-81 gauges. What I like is they have all the expansion modules to go with the gauge line. Even if they don't complete the 78-81 gauges I could use their universal gauges. Another thing I like is the OBCII connection for my engine swap and the indicators like turn signal bright head light and check engine. Anyone intrested should spend some time reading the DD site. :thumbsup:Mark

#12 ·
Thanks, I just installed my auto meter gauges about a year ago and you tease me with these, that's not very nice. Lol

These gauges look great, I wish they were available back when I was shopping for new gauges. On a side note I am happy with my setup.

Thanks for sharing, it nice to see more options available for the C3. You are a leader in bringing great changes to the C3 after market parts industry.

Riggs.

#17 ·
Where and how? I don't see any discrete lights. Do they put a symbol on the LCD? How about door ajar and headlights?
Headlights are there. Door ajar is not to my knowledge.

Trust me they are there. You only see them when they light up, just like factory gauges.

#19 ·
I agree, clock should have been analog and possibly even made the position modular so the gauges could be picked from a selection of other options.

Clock
Boost Gauge
Alternate Temp Gauge

Just to ramble off a few...either way, I agree it should have been analog.

#20 ·
Yes, other options instead of clock would have been nice. You could display time in the info center in speedo/tach instead as an option. Or any modern stereo has time in it's display anyway. I'd have a fuel pressure or oil temp gauge in place of the clock.

The 180 dgr sweep on the small gauges is cool.

#22 ·
I hope they develope a quartz clock in place of the digital clock, would make a huge difference IMHO. I do agree they are pricy, but take in concideration that they have to develop a cluster that fits a certain application that want fit any other car and bring it to market, then sell enough to pay for development and you get high prices. The only thing is I hope they take note and change a few things that Vette owners want or at least make it a option. Another point is this set of gauges is perfect for the computer operated engine swaps and there is multiple upgrades for the gauge set. I think Josh pointed this out in his first post. This gauge set requires a full reading of the DD website to fully understand what it is capeable of. :cheers: Mark

#23 ·
Ok, I am going to address the clock. Somewhat...

That is not just a clock. It is a message center that can be used with the BIM expansion modules that will allow nearly unlimited flexibility to show what you wish in that readout.

ie. Boost, inside/outside temps, wideband, compass, OBDII interface and the list goes on.

Hopefully those options will appeal to most of you. I will definitely relay your concerns to Dakota Digital for them to take into consideration.

#24 ·
*group buy* dakota digital vhx gauges for c3 vette

Ok I got the approval from Dakota Digital to do a group buy. Here are the details.

Just in time for those much awaited tax returns!

It will run through February 25th 2013

I can discount the C3 VHX gauges $100 off of the list price for a total of $1395.

For the LS swappers I can offer the OBDII expansion module for $90 which is $10 off of the list price.

The best way to order is to email me or call me.

Email address is: CustomImageCorvettes@gmail.com
Phone number is: 507-581-3076 call me 8am - 10pm Central time. 7 days a week!

I can take a check, Paypal or Credit Card.

Ready. Set. GO!!! :thumbsup:

#26 ·
Here is another option for you guys.

I just finished these. They are not the universal ones, I set them up for the 68-77 application. I designed some mounting brackets that are very simple and it make the install super easy. They also fit behind the stock lens. The best thing is they have the blinkers, highbeams, brake, and engine lights. They have all the things you need if you have a stock car or if you have an LS swap application they will work great for those cars too!

Check them out. And tell me what you think. I can also powdercoat the bezzel black if you like that look too.

If you guys buy the gauges from me I will set them up for your car and I will throw in the mounting kit for free!

Price is $800

#30 ·
Here is another option for you guys.

I just finished these. They are not the universal ones, I set them up for the 68-77 application. I designed some mounting brackets that are very simple and it make the install super easy. They also fit behind the stock lens. The best thing is they have the blinkers, highbeams, brake, and engine lights. They have all the things you need if you have a stock car or if you have an LS swap application they will work great for those cars too!

Check them out. And tell me what you think. I can also powdercoat the bezzel black if you like that look too.

If you guys buy the gauges from me I will set them up for your car and I will throw in the mounting kit for free!

Price is $800

Hey Josh, they look just like the universal DD Gauges! Did you put the Not in there by mistake?
:cheers:Mark

#28 ·
OHHHHHHHHhhh myyyyyyyyyy....I LOVE that second set....might do VERY nice in the eventual LS swap. Any "lit up" images?

#45 ·
Ranger is correct

The gauges are offered in the following combos.

Brushed aluminum face with Blue or Red lighting.

Carbon Fiber face with Blue or Red lighting.

here are some detailed pictures. Notice that the main gauges have a brand new billet aluminum surround! No more cracked plastic junk to reuse!

Call or email us and mention that you are a DC member for special pricing! :partyon:

Josh
507-581-3076
CustomImageCorvettes@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.