Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1996 LT4 I'm selling it...I think

11K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  LT4 Guy 
#1 ·
Hi all, I think I found another car I want. I'm such a MOPAR guy and I found a 1968 Coronet R/T. The guy who bought my R/T a few months ago just told me he is selling one from his collection.

The car is a good runing car and only needs paint and a small patch in the trunk. If I get what I'm looking for out of my Vette then I will have him paint it and put the panel in.

I'm on the fence of selling it or not and wanting back into the MOPAR world. :crazy:

I have a friend who told someone about it and is interested and he told him the high price and is really interested so I will maybe know something from him.

I just needed to vent a little because I want a MOPAR lol.

So let the bashing begin!!!! :smack

#17 ·
No new Mopar has the looks to make me sell my Vette and no old Mopar has the handling to make me sell my Vette. So as much as I would like to get back into a classic Mopar I will keep rocking the vette.
Good luck with your trade.

#19 ·
I cant believe how much the old Mopar prices have gone up. I would love to find an old 72 Cuda that will never be number matching that I can just go crazy on and upgrade the suspension and put a new drive train in but leave the outside looking stock.

**except the wheels and big ass brakes :D

Good luck in your quest, hope you find one

#21 ·
I cant believe how much the old Mopar prices have gone up. I would love to find an old 72 Cuda that will never be number matching that I can just go crazy on and upgrade the suspension and put a new drive train in but leave the outside looking stock.

**except the wheels and big ass brakes :D

Good luck in your quest, hope you find one
Funny thing on the Barracuda/Cuda from 72 to 74 they are going just as high now as the 70 and 71s and the Challengers are the same way. Its all due to the big block cars being bought up and leaving the other years following in line now.

If you find one that needs a lot of work and I've looked at a lot of them that I would say are parts cars to me are going for 6000-10000 bucks right now.

Also the company AMD is now making a lot if not all the sheet metal for these cars so that is helping in keeping prices up.

It used to be if you wanted to restore something and not have to find all the parts at flea markets you had to buy a FORD or GM car because most if not all of the parts are reproduced for most models.

If you are in it for an investment MOPARs have always been the way to go.

I like clone cars because I dont have to worry about what I do to it weather its correct or not and if it will hurt the value.

Go look at clone cars in MOPARs and then look at original cars they are so close in prices now its crazy.

#24 ·
I got side tracked had to look a few times......Still looking and see no car at all lol.

That Hemi Cuda is a one of one it was fetured in I think MOPAR muscle a few years ago (10 years I think) and it if I remember corectly was an ordered car.

I love the 71 Cudas, the grill and the fenders are different and now are bringing heavy prices.

I watched a parts car sell for around 10 thousand so someone could make a clone car.

I love Cudas and Barracudas and all E body cars they are bringing high dollar right now.

If you want a car and have a dollar amount you're willing to spend let me know I will find it. I do that part time and thinking more and more of doing it as a job.

#27 ·
Well, I sold my Vette to a collector. He has a 66 327 with 350 horse option car that he said is his baby.

He also has an 84 that he is redoing from the ground up and wanted mine to drive and then fix up later on.

He took it for a driver around my block and came back and laid cash in my hand to hold the car and came back the next day and drove it home.

The rear main seal (engine and trans) had a slow leak and it didnt bother him, the paint didnt bother him it was a perfect car he said.

I tell you I had guys offering me crazy low dollar on this car they all wanted a Vette with no problems and in perfect shape for 3000 and all I could say is they should buy a modle car.

One guy said it would cost ten thousand for a paint job but he wanted a project car but wanted someone else to do the work and I said save up and buy the perfect car.

I don't regret owning the Vette and infact I think once I get a MOPAR again I will save and buy another one but not sure if it will be a C4 or not.

I would like a Sting Ray just to get in and enjoy. First I will try and get back to work (trying for months) and get my health straight and then find a car.

I will still be on the borad as I learned a lot and you guys are the best Vette borad around.

#28 ·
For some reason I'm just now seeing this post. Sorry I sold the car back in the summer. A guy drove two hours and bought it on the spot.

I had so many guys try to talk me down on the price and kept telling me it wasn't worth it or worth that much. I had one guy looking in some part of the motor for the numbers to tell if it was a real LT4.

I had to show him in the vin# where and then pulled out cash of $2000 and said how about this and I said from or rear part of the car.

I did end up getting what I wanted out of it and the guy who bought is a Vette collector has an original split window vette and wanted something to drive and have fun in.

#29 ·
What Mopar did You buy after selling your 1996 C4 LT4 ?
A 1968 Charger R/T ?
440 ?
426 ?
4- speed Coarse spline input shaft Hemi Trans ? They sound real cool cruising in 2nd & 3rd gear getting on the gas hard & coasting back down.
Dana 60 rear with 3.73 or 4.10 gears ?

My best bud has a 1969 Super "B". Used the 1969 R/T Factory steel hood. I rebuilt the Dana 60 rear with 4.10's,
Hemi trans.
Saving up for a 572 ci Hemi.
Wants over 1,000 flywheel HP on pump gas normally aspirated.
Cal Trax slide a link style traction bars.
Car freshly painted Midnight Blue.
Perfect paint job.

He also has a 1970 Charger SE with factory hideway headlights, factory A/C, 383 V8 Magnum 4 bbl, 727 Auto, I rebuilt a Dana 60 rear with 3.55 gears also & we removed the 8-3/4" 3.23 no posi rear.
Fun street cruiser & project in the works.
Original paint color is Plum Crazy Purple.
Car from Michigan.
Found in Peoria, IL 2011.
Sat for 32 years dead inside of a building.
$7500 bought it.
Vintage Mopar muscle is expensive.
We brought it back from the dead.
Frame rails & undercarriage MINT.

What ever happened to your Book you were writing ?

BR

#33 ·
Thanks and I can't wait to dive into this project. I just have the other two finished as far as my word count goes. I will get those two out the first part of next year.

The car book is going to be really fun and just a lot of action with a good story behind each one.

The Silver bullet was really a factory test bed car that I think was originally sold for a $1.00 and the gas station slash speed shop was a front for Chrysler to test out parts and sell them to the public and beat just about if not everything on the road.

I love to sit down and listen to the stories from back in the day and I wish I could find more guys to talk to about them. I found some on the Mopar boards that tell me of some of their stories.

I had a thought of taking my original stories and then after each story having someone let me write their real world story. I would put their name in it and give them credit but not sure anyone would go for that.

Doing self-print and slelf-publishing is tough and not a lot of money to be made unless it gets picked up by a big publisher. eBooks do sell and most of the time with those they are making a little on each book. Its hard to do that in print on your own.

I love print and I'm starting to like eBooks.

#34 ·
The Mother in Law is an Author, book writer, Kathleen Kirkwood.
A past discussion, not many get rich writing books these days. As You state too.
Ebooks are popular today.
My late bud Bill was a colorful hotrod character & mechanic from 1950's to 2007.
On his deathbed, his own doctor asked me for the rights to tell his life stories & experiences, he would write the book, & split the profits in 1/2 with me. Said we would make Millions each.......
Smoked my cigarette & drank my beer.
I watched this doctor blab away about getting rich off of my own memory accounts of Bill's life & stories I memorized for last 20 some years.
"Na.......... & Fick You 2".
Price tag on a best Bud's life.
Can not be done.
He made me who I am today.
:thumbsup:
That day on, I don't work on Mercede Benz's & Deloriens for No doctor anywhere no more.
Panzy cars anyhow.

A Corvette is much better running flat out at Buck - Fifty Plus :D

BR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.