Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

HUD windshield display

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DarthAWM 
#1 ·
Who's selling or had HUD display on windshield installed on a car that had traditionnal gauges from factory?

Readable at day?
Price?
Can read OBD2 inputs?

#2 ·
I have heard of guys who installed HUDs on C5s and C6s when not originally equiped. I know in the C5s it requires a control module and switch pad from a HUD dash. I know you are going to run a LQ motor in your car so I figure the PCM should be set up to interface with a HUD especially if it is a vette unit. Wiring will probably be an issue as all C5s and C6s of the HUD era had the wiring install wether the HUD was or not. And on the wiring side I think, but am not sure, the HUD and Dash functions are all controlled by the BCM.

The standard C5 and C6 windsheilds display the image quite well apparently(no issues with sunlight except at specific angles), the laminated glass on your C3 should do fine in my opinion but it is hard to predict with changes in glass/plastics tech in the ~20 years between the C3s and the C5s. Angling the unit to display may be tricky also.

As far as aftermarket units I have not heard of any, but I haven't really looked for one either.

The only other issue I can think of is space under the dash, but you would know that situation much better than I.

For more info on either the C5 or C6 HUD units hit up the C5 and C6 forums respectively.

Good luck with this mod, it would be truely unique in the C3 world:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.