Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1997 - 2004 Corvette diagnostic codes and descriptions

54K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  aluh60 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#7 ·
Hold down the 4th button (down from the top) on the driver information display which i believe is options and press the top button 4 times. the codes will automatically scroll but press any button to enter manual mode. use the 3rd and 4th buttons to scroll up and down...the second button to view the code...and obviously reset to clear it. press the button above reset to exit and resume the normal functions of the DIC.

#15 ·
Ya I have a tik tik noise in my Z06 too...but mine isn't very loud. I think it is just valve clatter or something....doesn't sound serious just sounds like metal tapping gently so I am not too worried. Have you had any check engine codes associated with it? I know there isn't a computer that monitors valvetrain (not that i know of anyways) but I would think it would pick up something down the line in maybe the O2 sensor or something.

#16 ·
yes since I've had the car I've had "service active handling" & "service engine soon". displaying constantly. I'm gonna try to do the decoding thing today to see if I can get a better idea, one thing about the noise is it seems to get louder as the engine heats up, I did just change the oil & it's at max level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.