100 black teens beat white couple in Norfolk - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

100 black teens beat white couple in Norfolk

I wonder if the usual race-baiters will comment.

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Neither suffered grave injuries, but both were out of work for a week. Forster's torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head. Rostami fears to be alone in her home. Forster wishes he'd stayed in the car.

Many stories that begin this way end much worse. Another colleague recently wrote about the final defendant to be sentenced in the beating death of 19-year-old James Robertson in East Ocean View five years ago. In that case, a swarm of gang members attacked Robertson and two friends. Robertson's friends got away and called for help; police arrived to find Robertson's stripped, swollen corpse.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack. A reporter making routine checks of police reports would see "simple assault" and, if the names were unfamiliar, would be unlikely to write about it. In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?

More questions loomed.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Police spokesman Chris Amos said officers often respond to reports of crowds fighting; sirens are usually enough to disperse the group. On that night, he said, a report of gunfire in a nearby neighborhood prompted the officer to decide getting Forster and Rostami off the street quickly made more sense than remaining at the intersection. The officer gave them his card and told them to call later to file a report.

The next day, Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Was either case racially motivated? Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew? Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?

Here's why their story is in the paper today. We cannot allow such callousness to continue unremarked, from the irrational, senseless teenagers who attacked two people just trying to go home, from the police officer whose conduct may have been typical but certainly seems cold, from the tweeting nitwits who think beating a man in Norfolk will change the death of Trayvon Martin.

How can we change it if we don't know about it? How can we make it better if we look away?

Are we really no better than this?

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/201...and-brambleton
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

and since it was black on white crime, nothing will come of it....
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
Maybe if that white couple had guns, and used them, something might have.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGS View Post
Maybe if that white couple had guns, and used them, something might have.
yea, there would be outrage for their arrest....after all, they could not possibly have been in what they perceived to be a life-or-death situation....
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

L.A. Riots & Chicago Race Riots #2 are coming.
To every city in America.
All hinges on that Zimmerman - Travon Martian trial.
100 people have proven that beating the white couple.
And they had nothing to do with the death of Travon Martin.

How come Obama has no wise words to share lately over this Northfolk, Virgina couple that took a bad beating for nothing ?

You would be surprised how fast people run when you stick your car or SUV into Drive, hit the gas pedal to the floor, & aim it at them.
What I would have done.
Works very effective too.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
72SBVet
DC Crew

Member #69345

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vette81big View Post
L.A. Riots & Chicago Race Riots #2 are coming.
To every city in America.
All hinges on that Zimmerman - Travon Martian trial.
100 people have proven that beating the white couple.
And they had nothing to do with the death of Travon Martin.

How come Obama has no wise words to share lately over this Northfolk, Virgina couple that took a bad beating for nothing ?

You would be surprised how fast people run when you stick your car or SUV into Drive, hit the gas pedal to the floor, & aim it at them.
What I would have done.
Works very effective too.
GTA their ass....I like it I know someone who had two blacks try to rob her while she was at a redlight but she paniced and didn't run their ass over like I would've done. I don't give a damn what color they are but if they try to rob me their ass is gone as in dead.
72SBVet is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
As FPSRussia says "As always.... Have nice day"
Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
87vette81big
DC Crew

Member #117927

My Corvette(s)
1987 Corvette Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SBVet View Post
GTA their ass....I like it I know someone who had two blacks try to rob her while she was at a redlight but she paniced and didn't run their ass over like I would've done. I don't give a damn what color they are but if they try to rob me their ass is gone as in dead.
Red, Green, Purple, Blue........ect.

It don't matter what skin color they have,
An angry mob of any color is going to kill you.
Their #1 goal.
Fuck them.........hit the gas in drive, or dump the clutch in 1st & then grab second gear a few seconds later.
They will run.
Trust me.
87vette81big is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Batbrain
DC Crew

Member #61943

My Corvette(s)
77 L48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
Yeah, that's why there are no black people in prison.
Batbrain is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
C5sarge
DC Crew

Member #105729

My Corvette(s)
09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbrain View Post
Well then... that justifies and explains it all. Brilliant.
C5sarge is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Attack life fully armed" " Navy Vet"
93 Torch Red Coupe - Sold
01 Torch Red Vert - Traded
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
Upheval

Member #63633

My Corvette(s)
2007 C6

I say we keep posting crap like this to proove how out of wack it all really is. Where is Spike Lee posting the addresses of the attackers and the other race whores.
Upheval is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbrain View Post
Why is that where you are?
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.