Predictions for 2016?? - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

After my post #27 on the "Anybody think Romney can win?" thread, I think I'll put away my official predicting badge. But since I voted I still get to piss and moan about anything I want when it comes to politics.
MR BRNS C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

I am going to predict that pigs will fly....Think thats silly?

Its as silly as believing Barry has a plan to right this ship

Whats different from today than last year? Simple today the hope for somebody to implement a new Idea on how to save our economy as of today doesn't exsist
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
My Lord, don't get them started. They have more than enough steam to get their locomotive running again! We've got 4 more years of bitchin' to look forward to. If they want to take a day off, LET THAT SLEEPING DOG LIE!
Here ya go Junk!
ArKay99 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
Ducati117
Account Disabled.

Member #117010

My Corvette(s)
Black C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
Its as silly as believing Barry has a plan to right this ship
Even if mitt fixed the economy and the deficit, a buck and a half spike in gas would smash it all into the rocks in 3 months.
Ducati117 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
PredatorC6
DC Crew

Member #115883

My Corvette(s)
C6

Garage
Things will be so bad by 2014 that many democratic seats, in both houses, will be lost. The question is who they will be lost to: Rino's or true, Tea Party conservatives.

Rino's don't have what it takes to turn the nation back to conservative programs and poilicies.

The Republic's only hope is that the Tea Party gathers momentum and can begin to make significant differences. Without true conservative programs to cut, no, slash federal programs, we, too, will see chaos and anarchy before 2016.
PredatorC6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Why do they call it "common sense" when, in fact, it has become so uncommon?

That's my opinion, it outta be your's.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorC6 View Post
Things will be so bad by 2014 that many democratic seats, in both houses, will be lost. The question is who they will be lost to: Rino's or true, Tea Party conservatives.

Rino's don't have what it takes to turn the nation back to conservative programs and poilicies.

The Republic's only hope is that the Tea Party gathers momentum and can begin to make significant differences. Without true conservative programs to cut, no, slash federal programs, we, too, will see chaos and anarchy before 2016.
Although I don't agree with your doom and gloom prediction, I will agree that there needs to be SOME party (Tea or otherwise) that gets serious about fiscal issues and leaves their social issues at the door. Over all, conservatives and moderates understand controlled and balanced spending, but moderates are completely turned off by some of the social issues that are still embraced by the right. Akin, Mourdock..etc. Take note and learn the important lesson.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:

You and I agree on a lot. But not this. The GOP has to consider winning elections in it's platform. The Tea Party just wants to "take America back" without regard for electability. If I were a magician and I could magically impose the Tea Party view of America I might do it. I agree with their basic philosophy. But it is a losing philosophy with the American public. This is a center-right country that has almost gone center-left with this election. The Tea Party couldn't get elected dog catcher outside of the deep South. If you can't get elected, you are worthless. It is simply necessary to to consider electability when you build your political platform. Yes, that makes one a moderate Republican, which you call a RINO. Because of electability, that RINO will have 100 times the impact on actually getting positive change than the Tea Party ever could.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:

I believe 2014 will be like 2010. Midterm elections always favor the outside party.

That said, liberals don't have what it takes to grow an economy and balance a budget. They will push through more and more taxes and increase spending like they always do. Obamacare will add $millions to individuals and business costs, pushing inflation even higher. The economy will lag along at 2% or less growth each year and a second recession/depression will hit in about 18-24 months. QE#4,#5,#6 and #7 will come and go. Our dollar will be so devalued, there will riots in the streets over food and gasoline. When China cuts off our Fed, there will be no money in the coffers to fund our welfare system and all hell will break loose.

Hillbillary will run in 2016 and get beat by a Rino Pub.
blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Here ya go Junk!
Yep, I heard this on the radio. Man, it must be a rough ride to school in her baby seat.

Quote:

Did you usta work with this lady?

Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 11-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

grumpyvette is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyvette For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #26
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

blckslvr79 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
We'll see. For non-FOX news groups, Job 1 was to protect Obama. That job is done. Now they have to make money and you do that presenting scandals in the news. Benghazi has been on the back burner, but as soon as the congressional investigations get in full swing, I think all news groups will be looking to sell advertising with their coverage. Obama seems inclined to throw Hillary under the bus on this, and the media will still want to protect him. I give it about a 50% chance that the media will drift the blame toward Hillary if smoking guns show up - and I think they will.
I doubt if any congressional hearings will happen, and if it does, it'll be a dog-and-pony show. There's a reason why Obama didn't go after the Bush admin with regards to the wars.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
Guess you don't have to be too bright to get that joke?? This is the result of having nothing back your "play".
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.