Republican Party Called, "Too Old, Too White and Too Male" - Page 4 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #46
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
I believe in a fiscally solvent, financially conservative Federal government. I believe in a respected, strong military, that is not overly stretched out. I believe in hit them hard and bring them home. I believe, as a world power, we have a responsiblity to protect those countries and people that lack the ability to do so on their own, but not to police the world in it's entirety. I'd rather we spend our military effort defending out own boarders. I believe in individual Freedom and Happiness...that the government has no place in our homes or our bedrooms. I believe in personal responsibility both financially and socially. Each citizen of legal age has the right to fornicate as they wish, embibe on what they wish, and do as they wish as long as it does not harm any other individual or put another individual in harms way. I don't care who you marry or who you screw. I have not been to church in over a decade and do not consider myself a christian, although I respect the right of every other indidvidual to believe as they wish and worship as they wish if they so choose. I believe supreme beings belong in church and your personal homes, not in Government. I also believe Government has no place in limiting a private individual or business entity of practicing their beliefs or imposing laws contrary to those beliefs as long as those beliefs and the practice of such is not harming others.

I believe everyone is created equal, at inception, and therefor if murder is illegal, so should be abortion. It's common sense really. As being created equal; race, heritage, color, sex, creed should have no bearing on a persons ability to live happily in total freedom. The NAACP, BET, and Miss Black America are as racist as the KKK and all should be demonished and abolished. Halle Barry-she's probably the hottest black female on earth. I'd hit it.

I believe in Capitalism. NAFTA is a joke as is the Chinese controlling their monetary value without punitive damage. I believe our governement should stop financing foreign countries, especially our enemies. I believe Unions have lost their purpose in today's world and that they now cost the consumer more than they benefit their members. I believe Donald Trump is a media whore just like the Kardashians. I believe our media leans left, hides major political news from the citizens, and supports it's chosen candidates. It has lost it's purpose of government watch dog. I believe earned income is a RIGHT, not an entitlement. I applaud those who succeed. I do not envy them. I believe class warfare is a liberal tactic used to entrench their base. I believe longterm welfare holds a community back. I believe there is a diffrence between the entitlement of Social Security and that of government housing, food stamps, and Obama phones. Created equally, all citizens have the ability to succeed and should be expected to. Reward for failure is unacceptable. I believe everyone should pay the same tax rate, no matter if you make $30K or $10million per year.
Except the rant on Junk you can't say it better on what made this country great. Thats people who think just like this

I don't see how this is a Republican thing or a Democrate thing but its definatly no longer a Democrate way of thinking (as of today)because it has been taken over by the left and now the majority of Voters (notice I said voters) lean left also
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #47
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
Except the rant on Junk you can't say it better on what made this country great. Thats people who think just like this

I don't see how this is a Republican thing or a Democrate thing but its definatly no longer a Democrate way of thinking (as of today)because it has been taken over by the left and now the majority of Voters (notice I said voters) lean left also
That's all I said in my original response, but someone ( I won't mention names) had to rant on racism and evil Republicans, although he's a registered Republican who likes Col Powell, and voted for Obama.

What I see coming off this election is two groups - those who want a strong country and personal independance and those who want their share. The Pub party dropped the ball on the process and has lost focus on what they need to do to win elections. They need to reinvent themselves and learn how to get dirty, because the left currently have them beat at marketing and the spread of information. The Pubs need to stop running weak candidates. Dole? McCain? Romney? All ran because "it was their time", not because they could win.
You could say the same about Bush II since he was the son of former POTUS and had the connections., the pubs haven't run a good candidate since Reagan. Corny. I know.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #48
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Quite frankly, I don't believe many conservatives see Romney as a conservative.
Romney is a left-wing moderate, basically the white Obama. That's why a large chunk of the base stayed home.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #49
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
I agree 100%.
Tell me though....what have the Democrats, the Democratic controlled Senate, or Obama done in the past 20 years to eliminate or even reduce this issue? How can the party of entitlements reduce debt when they won't consider reducing entitlements? We're already over taxed.
If you had checked out the graph I posted in one of my threads, you would see that since 1960, the debt has climbed steadily upwards (literally) until now. No Republican party has done anything about the debt... so scratch that.

As for entitlements go, it's simply just a matter of who's getting them. Let's face it, the Pubs have lived for enriching corporate america. Corporate receives TRILLIONS in welfare through tax breaks, loop holes and business incentives. Even continuing to give welfare to companies that have been raking in record breaking profits!! Don't hear any of you b!+ching about that. Funny thing is, you work so hard to protect those who go against the interest of you and your family... good job FNC!!

Did you know that a group of already profitable companies received upwards of 5 TRILLION dollars after the crash. Yeah, that was one of those under-the-table deals that not one media outlet reported on...including FNC.

You do realize that the majority of the entitlements that you speak of.... for the little guy, are white americans??
What will those retiring and "soon to be" retiring tea party and "baby boomer" folks say when you try to pull their "ENTITLEMENTS"?? We already know the answer to that.... don't we??

So ditch the entitlement "talking point" because it's old, tiring, doesn't make sense, is irrational and works against your own self-interest.

I agree with you that we are indeed over taxed. There really isn't a reason for an income tax, but then you'd have to shrink the govt to a large degree, you'd have to make Corporate america accoutable and make them pay their fare share, and you'd have to cut out the greed, fraud, waste, criminality, lobbying and corruption that exists.
We all know GE haven't paid taxes in years, Apple only paid 2%, and the list goes on and on and on. Meanwhile, they're stalking the average citizen and trying to make their lives hell for not filing.

The banks have co-opted the govt, until that is resolved, it's going to be a long down-hill slide.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #50
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Allow me to preface this by saying that I started posting this feeling one way, but as I read Blckslvr's replies, my opinions of him began to change. You will see this in my response. Instead of changing what I posted, I decided to let it ride. It is my honest reaction and I want that to be seen so that my passion can be viewed exactly as I was feeling while posting.

Quote:
You're asking for our opinions, and then you turn around and bash exactly what you asked for. Thank you very much for proving my point all day. You lack the balls to put your opinion out there first.
Reading is fundamental son. I posted the thread and withheld my opinion for a reason. You for some reason cannot understand that. I guess you can't fix stupid.

It's funny that you of all people would accuse someone of lacking the balls to do anything. You come in the news room and bitch daily about what's wrong with America, yet YOU are too much of a pansy ass to run for office and ATTEMPT to make a change. Anyone can sit at home and bitch, especially while hiding behind their keyboard. Someone with some stones is going to take action. YOU are the stoneless one hurling accusations. Don't get it twisted.

One more thing, make sure you take a close look at my avatar the next time you want to bring my 'stones' into question. I've had my metal tested in ways that would make you crawl up into the fetal position. Come talk to me on the day that you earn the right to wear the crimson and gold. Until then, you don't even RATE to question, or even LOOK at my stones.

Quote:
I don't believe anyone on this site is a professional politician or mover and shaker in Washington, so your comments are comical at best.
As far as comical goes, that's just one of your standard replies when you don't have anything else to say. Next you'll accuse me of calling you a racist or post something totally irrelevant to the thread. You see, I know your true colors and that's why I have wrote you off. That article is YOU through and through. Thanks for helping to destroy the republican party from within. You and your type have done more damage than any democrat could ever have done.

Quote:
The only thing you are an expert on is back patting and maybe pussy.
I see you're still jealous of my nightlife! Does you wife realize that you are so miserable being married?

In the hood, we call people like you 'haterz'. Only a few of you are crazy enough to show your true colors but just for people like you, I made a video...

Another thing, something that you call "back patting" PROVES just how far right you are. You see, I can agree with ANY democrat or republican who brings forth a good idea or shares the same views that I share. I can give credit where credit is due. You on the other hand couldn't agree with a democrat if it kept you from loosing your balls. But hey, if you never had a pair, I guess you wouldn't be worried about loosing them now would you?

Quote:
Since you want to be accusatory, you are incorrect on more points than I can point out. It is people like YOU that are harming the Republican party... Registered Republicans that vote for the other party. Your rant is off topic and comical.
And again, I see that you are incapable of addressing my "rant" sentence for sentence, the way I am addressing yours. Keep you blinders on son. You'll become irrelevant soon enough. I just hope that the republican party sheds the dinosaurs like you before you sink the entire party with you.

Quote:
As for labeling me as an extremist or far right, you obviously need to pay better attention around here and maybe read up on the definitions of each.
I know a right wing nut when I see one. You sir, are as far right as anyone on this site.

Quote:
I believe in a fiscally solvent, financially conservative Federal government.
So do I. So you and I agree with one another. Imagine that.

Quote:
I believe in a respected, strong military, that is not overly stretched out.
But you backed Bush when he unnecessarily sent our military into Iraq and criticized Obama for wanting to pull our troops out? Ain't that contradicting yourself?

Quote:
I believe in hit them hard and bring them home.
But you backed Rumsfeld's handling the war in the middle east, which brings me to that documentary I asked you to watch in another thread. Remember? Bush's War? You never did get back to me about that because you would never admit just how bad the Bush administration screwed up and contributed to this screwed up economy we are in. I don't ever expect to hear back from you on that because that's how you roll. I saw you in LMFAO's video doing the shuffle. Are you the shuffle box? You got mad skillz. Everyday you shufflin'!

Quote:
I believe, as a world power, we have a responsiblity to protect those countries and people that lack the ability to do so on their own, but not to police the world in it's entirety.
And as a member of the president's inner circle, you can help decide where that VERY FINE LINE is. But you are never going to be heard if all you do is sit at home and bang your knuckles on your keyboard. But hey, that would take you getting involved in political office, something that I have proven over and over again that you are not remotely able to do... despite your "passion" for politics.

Quote:
I'd rather we spend our military effort defending out own boarders.
I agree. Look at that, two things that I agree with you on. So now, is this what you call back patting? This is a bad thing, right? I mean according to your earlier description of me, this makes me weak, right?

Quote:
I believe in individual Freedom and Happiness...that the government has no place in our homes or our bedrooms. I believe in personal responsibility both financially and socially. Each citizen of legal age has the right to fornicate as they wish, embibe on what they wish, and do as they wish as long as it does not harm any other individual or put another individual in harms way. I don't care who you marry or who you screw.
Whoa! That's like a hundred things we are lock step on! Imagine that! I must have patted a hole in your back by now!

Quote:
I have not been to church in over a decade and do not consider myself a christian...
Well you're on your own there. I 100% believe that Christ died on the cross for your and my sins and that if I believe in him, I will have everlasting life. So that definitely makes me a Christian, even if I do slack up on church attendance from time to time.

Quote:
... although I respect the right of every other indidvidual to believe as they wish and worship as they wish if they so choose.
There you go. We are back in step again.

Quote:
I believe supreme beings belong in church and your personal homes, not in Government. I also believe Government has no place in limiting a private individual or business entity of practicing their beliefs or imposing laws contrary to those beliefs as long as those beliefs and the practice of such is not harming others.
Your back has got to be killing you right now because I am patting the hell out of it.

Quote:
I believe everyone is created equal, at inception, and therefor if murder is illegal, so should be abortion.
Now that's a touchy subject there because I do not feel that it is anyone's right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. To do so would be removing her right to choice. In the case of rape or incest, it's a lot to ask a woman to carry a baby full term because every day is a reminder of what happened. We're talking 9 months here, not just a couple of weeks. If the woman's life is in jeopardy, that's a totally different ball game. So I can completely understand where you are coming from but as I said before, that's a touchy subject. Instead of having a blanket law on that topic, I would rather see it addressed on a case by case basis

Quote:
It's common sense really. As being created equal; race, heritage, color, sex, creed should have no bearing on a persons ability to live happily in total freedom. The NAACP, BET, and Miss Black America are as racist as the KKK and all should be demonished and abolished. Halle Barry-she's probably the hottest black female on earth. I'd hit it.
I really don't know if the NAACP is even relevant anymore. I honestly don't know what it is they do. So I can't express an opinion there. But BET? Where else can you watch old blacksploitation movies? Sure, some of the acting was bad and some of the plots were corny, but that was part of my childhood. Black people didn't have Bruce Wayne, an American millionaire (later billionaire) playboy, industrialist, and philanthropist. Hell, I didn't even know what a philanthropist was as a kid. But we did have Shaft (and Christ Love in those hot pants ), and could relate to the trials and tribulations that they was going through. Add to that, the music was bitchin' and I fully enjoy hearing that music today. Especially from a movie like Cooley High. You are NOT going to see those movies on A&E or TNT. So BET has a place in the community if that community is as diverse as it should be. I can definitely see how you may find a little bit of the programming racist, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Quote:
I believe in Capitalism. NAFTA is a joke as is the Chinese controlling their monetary value without punitive damage. I believe our governement should stop financing foreign countries, especially our enemies. I believe Unions have lost their purpose in today's world and that they now cost the consumer more than they benefit their members. I believe Donald Trump is a media whore just like the Kardashians.
I said that I had wrote you off but the more that I read your opinions, I see that we share just as much as we disagree with. So maybe I should reconsider just how much of a nut I think you are.

Quote:
I believe our media leans left, hides major political news from the citizens, and supports it's chosen candidates. It has lost it's purpose of government watch dog.
Well the media leans all over the place to me. Left, right, up and down, I don't stay glued to much of it anyway.

Quote:
I believe earned income is a RIGHT, not an entitlement. I applaud those who succeed. I do not envy them.
I agree.

Quote:
I believe class warfare is a liberal tactic used to entrench their base.
Steady son, you're drifting!

Quote:
I believe longterm welfare holds a community back.
I agree X 1000.

Quote:
I believe there is a diffrence between the entitlement of Social Security and that of government housing, food stamps, and Obama phones.
I still agree.

Quote:
Created equally, all citizens have the ability to succeed and should be expected to. Reward for failure is unacceptable. I believe everyone should pay the same tax rate, no matter if you make $30K or $10million per year.
I agree again, but here's the one variable that has to be considered in what you've posted. Is the playing field always level? You and I both know that sometimes, that is not the case. But ideally, your idea is sound.

Quote:
As for your opinion that I'm an extremist Pub, you may want to read up on the party definitions. A far right conservative I am not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberta...(United_States)
Okay, after reading all that, I've decided that you you're not a right wing nut case like I thought you were. Sometimes you can be a nut case though, but it is refreshing to know that you do share some of the same principles that I share.

So I need to get off here and call Barrack (you know we're on a first name basis he and I... ) I've got to stop that drone that I had him send looking for you.

EDIT: None of my damn smileys are showing up!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #51
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

I'm just amazed you could read!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #52
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
I'm just amazed you could read!

I still want to keep you a arms length away, just in case you go on a nut case binge!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #53
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I still want to keep you a arms length away, just in case you go on a nut case binge!
It's late on Saturday night. Don't you have some strange to chase?

I'm out of here. Good night!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #54
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
It's late on Saturday night. Don't you have some strange to chase?

I'm out of here. Good night!
I chased it last night and all morning. That's what took me so long to reply. Now I'm in recovery mode. Don't forget, I ain't as young as I use to be. The old man has to allow for recovery.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #55
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayZ View Post
It is my belief, not all Republicans endorse extremism, intolerance, and exclusivity. Conservatism is not owned by the Republican party.

MR BRNS C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds!
Edelbrock E-Force 1593 & Magnaflow exhaust for that healthy American sound. Before SC 354 RWHP, after SC 484 RWHP. That's all I can do and still pass California smog.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #56
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Too old

Too white

Too male

Human Resources in any company would have a field day with this comment if a pussified white guy were to complain about his age being made fun of.

Regardless, we keep on truckin cause HR sucks and there's better ways.
MR BRNS C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds!
Edelbrock E-Force 1593 & Magnaflow exhaust for that healthy American sound. Before SC 354 RWHP, after SC 484 RWHP. That's all I can do and still pass California smog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.