Advice for the Republicans in 2016 - Page 5 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #61
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
That doesn't show a differentiation between between "use" and "abuse." People ca be on food stamps and underemployed. I wanna see knuckledraggers abusing the system. Ya know...like the RAMPANT voter fraud that I keep hearing about.
Go to Wal Mart. That's about all you need to do. Or you could google "Entitlement Abuse" and read a few of the 7,980,000 hits.

You don't really want to know anyway, hell, you probably already know first hand but would never admit it.
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #62
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneus View Post
You write well with great clarity. And I agree with much of what you have put forward. But I do disagree with hope since that is more a matter of faith and the reality is you can't put your trust in faith...a real plan is necessary and then implementation of that plan as the next course...this is what the Dems did and it worked. The Pubs had hoped the economy was enough to get them in and they really had no formal plan for their candidate...it is obvious where that hope got them...a lot of excuses the next day and the Dems snickering/gloating behind their backs.

I still see where the "party faithful" are hanging on to the idea that an even more conservative candidate with an even more conservative agenda is what is needed the next time to win. For the sake of the Republican Party I can only wish them luck if they think that will work. If I were some of those very wealthy individuals who contributed 10's of millions of dollars to the GOP to try and get MR elected then I'd be asking for a refund right now. The GOP needs to wake up and change...as you have so eloquently written above. If they don't learn from history then they are doomed to repeat their mistake yet again and of course to end in failure.
I definitely agree with you with regards to the GOP. I think the big problem with the GOP is that ALL of their media sources are on the fringe. Their sources have convinced a lot of conservatives that a more "conservative" candidate is the only way to win. Didn't Romney say he was a "Severe conservative" .. guess no one believed him.

As we all know, today several Republican presidents from the past would not even be considered...including their "beloved" Ronald Reagan. Although I'd have to say that the fringe on the left is growing today as well. It's very hard today to find a spokesman for the Pubs who has something relavent and intelligent to say or propose. They always end up spewing threats and resort to name-calling when it comes to BO, and that's just not something that rational, smart and intelligent conservative want to hear, or be part of.

As for faith and hope, I guess depending on how you interpret the two, they can mean different things to different people. Some might even say the two are interchangeable. I was pretty much going from life experience with regards to hope. After getting out of the military things were really tough and I found myself homeless on more than a few occasions, and there were several times when I didn't eat for days. I had hope that things would get better as long as I kept being positive and taking little steps forward. I knew others in the same position who ended up going to jail for robbery or some other crime. I viewed them as having given up hope, or perhaps they lost faith.

I grew in the church, but after researching the origins of religion, I let that go. I see nothing wrong with having faith, as long as one remembers that it is his or her feet that must do the work.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #63
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post

Amazing what marketing spin and media control can do to an image.
You obviously never read Lincoln's first address.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #64
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
You brought up something I never really thought of in clear terms...but politics is a BUSINESS like any other. So what you're saying is Democrats are better businessmen than Republicans at selling their "product". They sold their product better than the other side. Doesn't matter that once you get the product home, it a Chinese piece of crap that breaks when you take it out of the box...the people still bought it and there is a "no returns" policy.
Excellent point!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #65
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
It's a much easier sell..

Democrat: We will take someone else's stuff and give it to you.

Republican: We will provide opportunity fro you to earn your way.

Not hard to figure out what the knuckledraggers will choose..
Problem with that is, the Publicans give sooooooooo much more away...just not to you poor lowly conservatives.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #66
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
Problem with that is, the Publicans give sooooooooo much more away...just not to you poor lowly conservatives.
Who do they give it to? The same 1%ers Obama has been bailing out since he was elected. Bush gave you a tax break, Obama gave you food stamps, while printing trillions for the big banks.

Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #67
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Who do they give it to? The same 1%ers Obama has been bailing out since he was elected. Bush gave you a tax break, Obama gave you food stamps, while printing trillions for the big banks.

So why then are you blaming Obama?? It's no secret to anybody who's knows the least bit about american politics that the Pubs support big business first and foremost. Don't tell me that you've forgotten that BUSH started the bailouts??

They all give money to corportate, because that's who writes the laws, but don't sit here and say that the Pubs don't support big business. They've fought tooth and nail to keep the welfare to oil companies flowing, even while the oil companies were making record profits. Hmmm, how soon they forget.

...and the food stamps you guys are always bitch'n about...you better look closer to home and be thankful.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #68
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
So why then are you blaming Obama?? It's no secret to anybody who's knows the least bit about american politics that the Pubs support big business first and foremost. Don't tell me that you've forgotten that BUSH started the bailouts??
Oh no, I didn't forget. Did you happen to forget that Barry doubled down on not only the Bush bailouts, but the Bush wars, extended those evil Bush tax cuts?

Quote:
They all give money to corportate, because that's who writes the laws, but don't sit here and say that the Pubs don't support big business. They've fought tooth and nail to keep the welfare to oil companies flowing, even while the oil companies were making record profits. Hmmm, how soon they forget.
Man, you guys really are clueless. The gov makes a larger percentage on a barrel of oil than anyone.. both sides keep those welfare dollars flowing. And if not, you couldn't afford to go to WalMart and spend your ObamaBucks. Your supporting the guy who has handed out more corporate welfare in 4 years, than the previous presidents before him. I do know that your gub'ment education will prevent you from doing the research to find out I'm right, so feel free to post something dumb and let us have a laugh at your expense.

Quote:
...and the food stamps you guys are always bitch'n about...you better look closer to home and be thankful.
Hey, the foodstamp president won't be happy until we all depend on him.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #69
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Oh no, I didn't forget. Did you happen to forget that Barry doubled down on not only the Bush bailouts, but the Bush wars, extended those evil Bush tax cuts?

Man, you guys really are clueless. The gov makes a larger percentage on a barrel of oil than anyone.. both sides keep those welfare dollars flowing. And if not, you couldn't afford to go to WalMart and spend your ObamaBucks. Your supporting the guy who has handed out more corporate welfare in 4 years, than the previous presidents before him. I do know that your gub'ment education will prevent you from doing the research to find out I'm right, so feel free to post something dumb and let us have a laugh at your expense.

Hey, the foodstamp president won't be happy until we all depend on him.
How are sitting here bitch'n about Obama's doubledown on a Bush policy?? You've never once denounced Bush's policies, so I guess they couldn't have been that bad huh?
You do know that Bush PROMISED that the Iraq war would be paid out of oil money...guess what?? That never happened and the U.S. taxpayer IS stuck with the bill. Don't hear you bitch'n about that either.

You guys sitting here talking about money, how bush sending U.S. troops to their deaths?? Never heard you bitch about that either! What's really important to you guys? Fact is, if Obama saved your kid from drowing, somehow it'd be his fault that your kid lived. You guys are retarded and the things you say on a daily basis is proof of that. As long as your guy does it's ok, and that's your bottom line. None of you have the guts to "call out" who you support. You guys are weak and spineless.

You can't even be good losers! You spend all day bitching, trying to see who can take the blame for your ignorance and insanity. Face it, a black man's in office for another 4 years, but I don't expect you to be man enough to be able to deal with that.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #70
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Face it, a black man's in office for another 4 years, but I don't expect you to be man enough to be able to deal with that.
Be careful...you will end up on his "ignore list" suggesting that he is a racist. Though maybe not such a bad thing.
Geneus is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #71
the machine
"Clown"

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
Only too happy that at least someone undersstood.

Sometimes people should think about what they are about to write before they write it...they'd realize then their written words could expose them for what they are...but whatever.
I think that you did not understand what I was saying...or maybe you did, and simply chose to ignor it, but since I am hispanic and one of "those people" that I was refering to perhaps you may want to rethink what you think I may be. My entire post was about embracing others and changing how the republican party sees people. That you twisted it into some evidence of bigotry is blatently taking something completly out of context to paint someone in a different light than what the entire post was about.
the machine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #72
the machine
"Clown"

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Quote:
As I said, It's a much easier sell..

Democrat: We will take someone else's stuff and give it to you.

Republican: We will provide opportunity fro you to earn your way.
Newb, you know as well as I do that is not an accurate depiction of the parties anymore.

Democrats: will take someone else's stuff and give it to you.

But now Republicans: take everybody's stuff and give it to corporations, and the super rich.
Welcome to the Machine...... (I'm still a clown) this from Ponch (second time) who is supposed to be a moderator on this site....but of course if you disagree with him this is the sort of thing he does. It is simply amazing that anyone would give a guy who is so obviously childish and spiteful a position of authority.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #73
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
I think that you did not understand what I was saying...or maybe you did, and simply chose to ignor it, but since I am hispanic and one of "those people" that I was refering to perhaps you may want to rethink what you think I may be. My entire post was about embracing others and changing how the republican party sees people. That you twisted it into some evidence of bigotry is blatently taking something completly out of context to paint someone in a different light than what the entire post was about.
My apologies...it just came through that way in my mind.
Geneus is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #74
the machine
"Clown"

Member #67421

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
My apologies...it just came through that way in my mind.
Thank you for the appology, and thank you for looking at it in other terms to try to understand my true intent. It is very refreshing to post with people who can understand that things can be different from what they first look like.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #75
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the machine View Post
It is very refreshing to post with people who can understand that things can be different from what they first look like.
walleyfisher is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.